Well we have officially become a minivan family---to be honest I didn't think the day would ever come! I have been quite the "anti-van" type for awhile now! They always seemed SO huge and I was scared that I wouldn't be able to drive it for fear of side swiping a few cars along the way! But over Spring Break we decided to trade in our Honda C-RV to get a 2004 Honda Odyssey! (like Steve would buy any thing other than a Honda-- right?) And I have to admit...I am LOVING LOVING LOVING it!!! There is so much more room, and Hunter thinks the automatic sliding doors are SO cool! We can't wait to drive it home this summer to Utah with all of the extra room now! (Just on a side note...all of you Iowa drivers beware on the road-- while I am still getting used to driving my new boat) haha
Gotta have a few brother pics in the mix as well today! I thought these ones were pretty dang cute! Mostly just for the grandparents to see :)
And lastly teething!! Oh WOW is all I can say! I never had the awesome experience of going through the 'terrible teething' process with Hunter. One day I just looked in his mouth and saw two teeth and so on until he had an entire mouth full! I never heard a single peep out of him!! So OH boy am I in for it now with Tanner. I was seriously SO surprised that he was even starting to teethe because he is barely 5 months old. And Hunter didn't start teething until around 8-9 months. But the excessive drooling, and the crying crying crying is what finally clued me in! I really do feel so bad for the little guy, but I didn't realize how awful this process can be! He literally cries and cries all day long. Nothing so far has seemed to help! I bought him a teething ring and his little hands can't seem to hold on to it long enough to keep it in his mouth for more than 30 seconds. Most pics I post of him are of him happy and smiling...but these last two pics are what I have to deal with most of the day!! HELP~~~ Literally the first and second pics were taken 2 minutes apart from each other. That is how quick he changes from happy smiley Tanner.....to inconsolable screaming baby Tanner!!
13 comments:
I'm so glad to hear you love your mini van...you know you're one of "those" moms now right? :) I have some great ideas for sweet Tanner, Carter was and still is the worst for teething so I'm full of ideas! Call me girl...
welcome to the cool club! (I never wanted to drive a minivan either but what can you do, when you need the space.)
Poor Tanner, I am so sorry teething is the worst.
Poor Tanner!! Those pictures almost brought tears to my eyes! Congrats on the minivan - I'm sure its great to have more room!! Also fun pics of Chicago - wasn't it the greatest. We had such a great time when we went.
congrates on the van! yeah for more room and the auto sliding doors rock! I forgot to tell you yesterday - I finished book of a thousand days this past weekend, and posted it on my book site, I think it was good, not my favorite shannon hale, I don't know - I think I rushed it, but I still loved the baryon(sp) ones the best.
1. Such sad but cute pictures of Tanner teething. Teething SUCKS ROCKS at our house!
2. Yay for you that you got a van...however, I don't think I will ever cave in lol! I will admit however that the sliding doors would be nice.
3. Finished the Great and Terrible Beauty books (I'll give them to you Sunday). I enjoyed them. It too me forever to read them though and I hate that....kids and life keep getting in the way of my reading..what's up with that??! I didn't like how the series ended though...but that's just me. Thanks for letting me borrow them.
You gave in and now are a minivan mom?! Just kidding! Sorry about little Tanner! Your boys are so cute! Do you know when you are coming to Utah to visit? I would love to see you while you are out here.
Seriously, Andrea, a minivan? I'm so sorry!!!! It does look nice though. That picture of Tanner makes me want to cry. He looks so sad. I'm sorry that it's been rough on the little man. Maddie is drooling all over the place, but hasn't really been crying about teething yet. Hopefully we don't have too hard of a time with it. Stacy Dart told me about these teething tablets. They are an herbal thing I think, but she swore by them. I could never get Logan to keep them in his mouth though. It's worth a try though. Hopefully it doesn't last too long. Hang in there!!!
Oh Andrea, poor little Tanner, I hope he feels better soon, he does look cute when he is angry! I have a "would you rather question" for you. Would you rather: Drive a mini-van or an '82 buick" Ha Ha I love you...Who knows we might end up with a van!
Yeah, way to join the minivan clan!=) John is so anti-minivan, but yet we have one. I'm so jealous that you have an odyssey though! Wanna trade?! Thanks for your comment on our blog. You are looking fabulous yourself lady! We are excited to go to Ohio, and we'll expect Steve to stay with us if he comes to rotate there 4th year! Take care! LOL!
Kristine
Love your blog! The background is awesome. It was fun to get a comment from you :) Congrats on the new minivan! Teething at 5 months?! Wow. Evan didn't get any till 10 mos. But, I can relate to the fussiness. Poor little guys :( You're boys are so cute--and they have the cutest names!
I like your new van!!! We really want to get an Odyssey. Teething sucks! Derek only has 4 teeth and hes getting some now and it is so no fun! Hopefully it will pass quick!!!
WOW - a minivan, what a big step! Now you'll have room for 4 more kids right? HAha. Sorry about little Tanner. Teething can be a beast. Jaycee had a horrible time with it, but Rylee did a lot better. I found the best thing that worked for us were Teething Tablets. They are homeopathic and they are in the baby isle, next to the little started tooth care sets. I think they are at least worth a shot. They numb the mouth enough to dull the pain but not too much to make it feel funny (yes, I tried them out on myself ;) Good luck! And give him an extra hug from Aunt JaNae!!!
so sad poor baby! I know it sucks my hunter was the same way!
Post a Comment