Saturday, May 17, 2008

{reflections}

This is a great "tag" and I suggest that everyone take the time...... to try and reflect back on the past 20 years of your life, and what you were doing at various stages of time--and where you are today!!! You might be surprised at what you can remember :)

20 Years ago:
I was 7 years old! We lived in Farmington, UT in a red brick house above the cemetery! My best friend was my sister Erika. We had many fun adventures together, whether we were hiking to the "Great Tree" above our house--building forts, having lemonade stands, riding our bikes, going on picnics, riding on four-wheelers with my dad, collecting porcelain dolls, or spending the summers at Lagoon-- I had some awesome times being '7 years old' for sure!

10 Years Ago:
I was a senior at dear old Davis High school! I loved my senior year in high school--and had so many wonderful memories there! Lets see---I was probably getting ready to go to my senior prom with none other than who????? Steve!! Yep--even though we went to different high schools (he went to Northridge) we went to prom together! Such an awesome night :) I was also planning my senior trip to Disneyland with my three best friends after graduation! Jamie, Tara, and Jodie. I was working at Tanzmania tanning salon--(and damaging my skin for the future years to come) hey it was free and who thinks about skin cancer at 17??? Oh well--what can you do right?? I was also putting in my application to attend Weber State University later that fall.

5 Years Ago:
Steve and I had been married for almost 1 year, and we were living in Bountiful, UT. I was working at LDS hospital on the trauma/transplant unit with some of the BEST nurses ever! (wow I sure do miss you guys :) I had some of the best times of my life working there, learned a ton, and made some amazing friends along the way! Steve was also working at LDS hospital as an EKG tech, and going to University of Utah for undergrad.

3 Years Ago:
Hunter would have been about 2 months old! Wow that seems crazy to me :) I would have been close to being off of work, for maternity leave --and headed back to work full time again! Steve was still going to school--and looking at potential medical schools to apply to, getting ready to take the MCAT, doing volunteer work at the Cancer Wellness house, research with Dr. Anderson, and working at the hospital too! We were adjusting to being brand new parents, and life was a bit crazy then if I remember right! (wow if only I would have known then what was yet to come!! haha)

1 Year Ago:
We had been living here in Iowa for almost 1 whole year!! Steve was about to finish up with his first year of medical school at DMU---yahoo! I had just quit my job working at Methodist in the ICU/CUU the month before! I was about 4 months pregnant with Tanner and preparing myself for a miserable hot and humid Iowa summer. My family came out to visit and we all went to Nauvoo and had a great time--despite the awful humidity and heat! (I was pregnant remember...so I complained A LOT about the temp last summer!) And we were looking forward to heading back to UT for a visit with family and friends! **PS it was also last year when we went on a family camping trip and Hunter locked himself in the car with the keys AND our cell phones inside at 10:00 at night!! I was completely hysterical and freaking out like a crazy mom, until the police came and were able to get him out! ** good times**

So Far this year:
Well Tanner was born last October and has been such a fun little addition to our family! We had some family members come out and visit which is always fun! We went to Chicago for the first time over Spring Break and had a blast! We officially became a "minivan" family! Steve will be finished with taking his last final EVER this next week! (except board exams etc..) And he will have successfully completed 2 years of medical school!! ( I couldn't be prouder of him!!) We are also planning another trip to UT this summer to visit friends and family.

This year:
Steve will start his 3rd year rotations this August-- here in Iowa. Hunter will be going to preschool 2 days a week starting this fall. Tanner will turn 1 year old in October--wow!! I will stay busy chasing around my two silly boys no doubt, and enjoying our last year living here in Iowa. Sad to think about now---because we are really going to miss this place :(

Today:
Hunter was kind enough to wake up his brother at 6:30 this morning---and me for that matter to start out our day. We got up had breakfast, and then I got to head out by myself for a few hours to run some errands and get some food for dinner tonight. Later, we are making hamburgers on the grill for dinner, and I'm sure Hunter will probably want to pop water balloons outside while Steve is grilling, and then we will take the boys for a walk in our new jogger stroller. We will put the boys to bed...and Steve and I will be watching Indiana Jones and the Raider's of the Lost Ark tonight while we pop some popcorn and drink diet coke (with lime!!) YUM!

Tomorrow:
Get up bright and early and go to church in the morning. Come home and take naps...yes all of us!! (hopefully) Then make lunch/dinner which will probably be Hawaiian haystacks, and peanut butter-cup brownies with Hunter. And after that...pretty much just relax in our comfy clothes all day, and prepare for the week ahead!!

6 comments:

Megan and Shawn said...

So I want to eat with you tomorrow! Yum PB Brownies - I need that recipe!

Sartori Fam said...

Loved your tag! My email is boshellm@hotmail.com. Can't wait to get my food storage going! Thanks!

Christie Morris Eskelsen said...

So that two posts in two days! That's gotta be a record! :) (j/k) I loved the reflections...I might have to steal this one! I can't believe it's been almost 2 years since you guys moved to Iowa! And Tanner's going to be a year this year! Seriously...where does the time go?

Unknown said...

That is the funnest tag! I might have to do that one! Weren't you also throwing spam and participating in some criminal mischief 10 years ago-ha,ha!!!

Jamie said...

Fun reflections! Oh I just saw Jen's comment. I really did feel bad when your new car smelled like meat. We just got back from Newport beach today and I'll have to post some photos soon! I can't beleive how big Tanner is getting, can't wait to see those cute boys(Andrea, I loved the photo of tanner wearing the knight's helmet and holding two slinkys-priceless)
Where did you find the plastic slinkys? I want them for my church bags_

The Halls said...

Isn't crazy to sit back and think about how fast time has gone by. It blows me away! Look at all you have done you are amazing!!!!!