Sunday, July 27, 2008

{goodbye utah}


Okay so I know it has been awhile since my last post--but we have been having a total blast these past few weeks, and I really haven't had much time to get to a computer! So I guess it's better late than never right?? So sad that our month long vacation to the great state of Utah is over...because we are headed back home, and the return of the awesome 18 hr long-- two day's drive back to Iowa in the morning. We have truly had the best time over these past 4 weeks, spent with awesome family and friends! I am so sad to say goodbye, but I have to say-- I really am eager to get back to the "real world" and back to getting my kids into their routines again. So here are just a few pics of what we have been up to over these past two weeks spent with my family!!

We had such a fun time taking the boys to Lagoon (twice actually...once with Steve's family and once with mine) Even Tanner got to go on a few rides, and even though it was so so hot both times we went...we didn't let that stop the endless hours of FUN!

**Notice Hunter on the "Dragon ride"-- and the terrified look on Tanner's face while riding Bulgy the Whale.
(P.S he really did have fun on the ride)



Tanner and my dad! :)


We were also able to spend some time up in Star Valley and Jackson Hole while staying at my parent's cabin. I had never been to Jenny Lake before, and wow is it beautiful there! The fresh mountain air and gorgeous view make it SO worth going to!! We were able to go out on canoes and and explore the lake, and see how amazing the Grand Teton mountains really are!






I was also able to get together with one of my very best friend's from high school finally, (its been over two years people!) We had such a fun time letting our kids play together. Jamie is such an amazing person, and really--she is an incredible friend! I feel so lucky to have her in my life-- and I am so happy that I was able to finally "meet" her adorable twins for the first time. Jamie you are the best!

Feeding the duck's at Layton park with my parents!

Overall--we had such a fantastic past month spent doing so many fun things with family and friends! I am sad to see it end, especially for Hunter and Tanner-- with all of the attention and love they have been showered with from everyone! So I guess it's back to Iowa we go :)


I gotta slip in a little plug for this totally awesome movie that Steve and I saw this week! The Dark Knight is a must see!! So if you haven't seen it yet--wow you will be blown away! Can we say....Academy Award to Heath Ledger anyone????

7 comments:

{Erica} said...

FUN!! FUN!! FUN!!

We're soo ready to get back to Iowa (never thought I would say that ...EVER) and get back into a routine with the kids and have our own space...2 months is a looong time to be living with the parental units if you catch my drift :)

sounds like you've been having a ton of fun!

We saw the dark knight last night and totally loved it. I also saw Mama Mia on a girls night and loved it as well. I love movies!!

we need to have a girls night when everyone is back in town no?

Mackay Family said...

I am so sad that I didn't get to see you while you were here! Hope that you make it home safe and that it wasn't too bad of a drive!

I loved all of your pictures! I have to say my favorite is you canoeing in a skirt!

I have to agree with you on The Dark Knight! Amazing movie. We are wanting to go see it again in IMAX!

Christie Morris Eskelsen said...

We are so sad to see you guys leave...especially for Carter...his only cousins are now so far away! I hope the drive goes by fast and smoothly. and just think in a coule months we'll see you guys for carter's 2nd Birthday party!

Unknown said...

Way cute photos! I'm so glad that you had a fun time. You look so great Andrea!
I can't wait to see Batman. Ethan and Adrian went and saw it on Saturday. Heath Ledger is the best!

Susanne said...

I am glad I was able to see you for a moment. Looks like you had a total blast!

Jamie said...

Sooo happy to have gotten to see you and spend some time with your cute little boys-I wish we could do it all the time! Have a safe trip back and we'll chat soon!
Love you!

Scott and Angie said...

Hope your trip bsck was good! Can't wait to see you again in October!!