I just wanted to share a few things that come to mind, that I am thankful for in no particular order: (some are fun and others have a little more meaning to me)
How could I start out a "thankful" list without naming the favorite 3 boys in my life?? My own "Three Musketeers" I could go on about how much I adore and love each one of them, but it suffices me to say that they are my true joy and happiness!

I am thankful for my education. As well as being thankful for my wise parents who instilled in me at a very young age the great importance in obtaining a good education. I am grateful for knowledge. I love being a nurse, and even though at the present time I get to be a full time mom, I look forward to the day when I can work again and provide a service to those who are in need.

I am thankful for this blog. It is my journal and record of my family and our weekly happenings. I have been uplifted and inspired by so many who also blog. I am inspired by the many people who cease to amaze me with their talents. I also get great ideas for my family, and honestly have learned so much from many of you.
I am thankful for my testimony of the truthfulness of the gospel. I am proud to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I am grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ and his atoning sacrifice for me.
I am thankful for my family. It is a pretty awesome family to be a part of. Each of them are unique and each of them are so special to me. I have learned by their example, and am inspired by all of them in their own way. I have been taught well. I love Steve's family. Really I couldn't have asked to have married into a better family than the Morris'. What more can I say--I Love You All :)

I am thankful for the discovery of Costco's Calcium gummy vites. Really they have saved me from feeling like such a failure over these past months due to Hunter's aversion to milk. Hunter loves them, and it honestly it has relieved so much stress. I sleep better at night now knowing that Hunter's bones aren't deteriorating due to lack of calcium in his diet. Thank You gummy vites.
Friends. Another one I could go on and on about. I have been blessed throughout my entire life with loyal and true friends. I hadn't fully appreciated the great friendships I had made over the years until I moved away from Utah and had to rely on good "friends" instead of family due to circumstances. I love my friends. I have learned so much from each and everyone of them. It has been just as meaningful laughing with a good friend for hours on end, as it has been to cry with one. Inspiring, uplifting, positive, happy, fun, smart, silly and talented are the words I would use to describe my friends.

Steve made me post this. But to be honest I would have to agree with him, but mostly for selfish reasons. I am grateful the UTES won the Mountain Western Conference this year, and will be invited to a BCS bowl game. I am happy the UTES won, I have such fun memories of going to the football games with Steve when he was doing his undergrad there. So I do have a love of the game. And I am pretty sure that it would have been a "deal breaker" for Steve-- not marrying me if I was a fan of the "Blue" team. But honestly the selfish part of me didn't want them to lose yesterday because if they had, I would have to deal with him for an entire year sulking over the fact that the "blue" team won. So Go UTES!!!

I am thankful for my health. I take it for granted most days. I am grateful for this body of mine, even the times I complain about it. I love, and am forever thankful for a strong and healthy body.

I changed my mind. I have to give a huge shout out to my crazy UTE loving husband Steve. He is the hardest working guy I know. He is the only one who can make me laugh without even trying. He has the most beautiful brown eyes I have ever seen. (PS: thanks for passing that on to the kiddos) He is a genuine person. He cares about people around him. He is an exceptional dad, and works at being a better one everyday. He is a great husband, and works at being a better one everyday. He is smart, cool, funny, intense, dedicated, and does the dishes every night!
Even though there is so much more that I could list that I am thankful for-- I will end with the two great joys in my life--Hunter and Tanner. (I changed my mind again)
Motherhood has changed me. Mostly for the good. I put my family before myself, and it has taught me how to sacrifice and serve those that I love most. I don't get to sleep in ever, I forgot what a "quiet" house sounds like, I sometimes don't get to take a shower until the day is almost over, I have to be responsible (that's hard sometimes.) My body that I am thankful for as stated above...is forever changed thanks to childbirth. Motherhood has changed me because it has taught me patience, unconditional love, tolerance and more importantly-- how to be a better person. I am thankful for Hunter and Tanner for making me a mom.
I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving this week!


11 comments:
You are so cute Annie! Thanksgiving is one of those holidays that really makes you stop and think about your life and what you have! We so miss you guys and still talk about our last thanksgiving with you guys in our home with new tiny Tanner Bug and cute Hunter learning to share with Carter!
You have inspired me to post about my thanksfulness too!
What a great list-and what a great blogger you are!
What a great post!! I think sometimes its good to write it out so we can really see how much we have!! We are truly blessed!!!
Hey Andrea! What a great tribute to all the great things in your life. I'm glad to see everything is going well for you guys! I miss seeing you around at the school and everyone else! It's hard being here alone. But,that's ok, because.... UTAH WON BABY! We were pretty darn excited as well! Tell everyone hi and have a happy thanksgiving!
Brandon and Stacie Benoit just started a blog!
www.benoitbs.blogspot.com
You have to check it out, their little girls are so adorable!
I Know, I Know! I have been slacking on my blog. I need to get on the ball and post something, but not much has been going on and I still seem to be crazy busy!? I love reading yours though!
You are such a genuine person! I love reading your blog cause you inspire me. I should look at blogging more like a journal. You have such a great family and I know Steve is such a great father to your beautiful boys!! Tell him "hi" for me. I am glad that we have been able to stay in touch! Have a great Thanksgiving!
What an amazing person you are! When I grow up I want to be like you and have all the qualities you possess naturally. All the items you listed you are thankful for help the people around you feel of your sincere and deep love for them. How lucky Hunter and Tanner are to have you as their mother. How blessed and thankful I am to have you as my daughter . . .I love you Annie. HAPPY THANKSGIVING
Love this post! I am now inspired to do a thankful post, and I shall do it tomorrow!!! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!
Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you guys have a good day tomorrow - I love your list, I love that the Utes won too, although it made Wade sad. It's fun seeing them do soo well!
To answer your question, nope, haven't seen twilight yet. I know, you probably think I'm crazy. Haven't seen it for a couple reasons - 1. it's way too much over done here in washington, they talk about it on the news, you can tour the town (which has nothing there, stephenie meyers hadn't even been there when she wrote them, it was sold out forever in advance. 2. I was also a little skeptical of the trailers, I just wasn't sold, so 3. I'm waiting to see it when my sisters come at Christmas, that way none of us have to drag our husbands (too bad I couldn't drag any of the grandma's out in my ward to go see it, there are NO younger people - argh!)
anyway, it looks like everyone there had a blast. I would have loved to go if I were still in Iowa, but oh well. I haven't been reading much either in a slump right now and need to get through Christmas, but then I'll have a baby....any suggestions? there is a series I really love (pride and prejudice one) that has another book coming out in December, so I am excited for that.
ok, enough of the novel! haha! happy thanksgiving!
Can I just say what a freakin' stud you are. Mostly because you and I both bleed RED, also because you are such an amazing person. Seriously, I love reading your blog. You inspire me. Thanks!
Post a Comment