We all went and saw the new movie Monsters vs Aliens on Friday night, and the boys were captivated literally. I was shocked that Tanner actually sat through the entire movie and didn't make a peep. Now Sprite and popcorn usually do the trick for Hunter, but he has been so excited to see "Susan" for weeks now that he couldn't contain his excitement.
(Notice Bob and Susan pictured above. I think it is safe to say that Hunter loves his new "monsters.")
We also made a trip to Pella for the sole purpose of seeing Kyle Korver's hometown (Jazz fans know who he is) and to eat at a real Dutch bakery. Every year in Iowa they have a tulip festival in the town of Pella which was settled by the Dutch. My parents who A: love the Jazz and B: love a good pastry (who doesn't?) had to see this town for themselves. The tulip festival this year won't be until May, and I can't wait to go again to see all of the beautiful tulips like last year.

Here are just a few more pictures of some of the fun things we did.
They had to fly back to reality this afternoon, 1000 miles away from their only grandchildren. But soon enough we will get to play games, make up stories about Dragons, eat waffles and eggs for breakfast and play with slime very very soon........
Love you mom and dad!

9 comments:
I am So Jealous! I want my family to come visit. Looks like you all had a great time. I'll have to try out that tulip festival this year it sounds fun.
your parents look SOOOO young! They don't look old enough to be grandparents! How fun to have some visitors, I have wanted some for a long time now!
How fun! I am so excited for my parent to come this weekend. You will have to let me know what else you did that was fun.
FUN! your mom is so pretty!
we'll be making a trip to pella in the near future as well.
p.s. i've got some hot pink earrings and hair pins coming. Want me to hold some for you to look at?
Sounds like fun! My sis-in-law is from near Pella. I'll have to check it out when I'm out there! :)
I think it's safe to say everyone is super jealous that you had your fam out! There's nothing better. It looks like you guys had a great time!
Yay that your parents came! I don't think there's anything better than family coming to visit... except when maybe that family happens to be your parents! :) It looks like you guys had a great visit together.
Aren't grandparents the best?!? I can't wait to see Monsters vs. Aliens! Thank goodness for treats to keep us all happy during movies. Love all the pictures! I want to go to Pella so that I can have some of those pastries! (I love Kyle Korver too!)
You have such a beautiful mom, you look alot like her! It is always fun to have visitors, huh. So i sent my swap gift and got mine today, it was really fun, so thanks! Oh and to answer a question, that was Lisa in the picture killing Riker with a hair cut! I still go to her, always and forever!!!
Post a Comment