Sunday, October 25, 2009

{Tanner turns Two}


We celebrated our little Fire Chief's 2nd birthday yesterday.


His actual birthday was on October 22, 2007. But we decided to have a family party on Saturday so everyone could be there. Two years ago, this sweet little boy came into our lives--and life hasn't been the same ever since. As I look at Tanner--I very quickly realize that he is not so little anymore. He is a very active, loving, easy going, smiley, fun, giggly boy..... who can at times--shriek like an eel when he doesn't get his way. We love this little guy so much, and every day he brings me great joy. (Except when he has the whole shrieking eel thing going on--that's annoying!)
We love you Fire Chief.


So here is a little look inside Tanner's 2nd Birthday.

The decorations



Presents and cake


Some of the party guests

The three oldest cousins.

{ Just sense the excitement in Tanner and Carter's faces.....don't they just LOVE wearing those hats??}


The Fire Engine Cake.
Courtesy of Steve's handiwork.

Blowing out the candles

Opening presents

Happy Day indeed!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

What a cute little guy! Hope he had a great day! Kyle's birthday is the 22nd too. Sure miss your family...and Hunters flirting in Primary!

Mackay Family said...

Happy Birthday Tanner! I can't believe he is 2! He is SO cute. Love the first pic of him. Steve did a great job on his cake.

Megan said...

Did STEVE make that cake?!? I am super impressed! What a great picture of your family at the end! I can't believe he's two... I'm sure he's dying to see me again. ;)

allison said...

Happy Birthday Tanner! What a cute little boy. Looks like a fun party, darling cake.

Cute family picture!

Brooke said...

You always have the greatest things on your blog! You are so creative and have the best ideas! I'm sure it's so great to be back in Utah and have the whole family around for the celebration!

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday Tanner!! How wonderful that you got to celebrate with family! And I can't believe your husband made that cake! He's got some skills :) It looks like the perfect birthday. And I can't believe it's been a whole year since that swap! I will always think of you every Halloween now, how fun is that? And now I am definitely going to have to watch Distrubia for Halloween. I'm so glad that we "met" and I've been able to keep up with you and your adorable family! Yay for blogging :)

Christie Morris Eskelsen said...

Annie that party was so fun! I was so impressed with the cake, decorations and how well the cousins played together!

I'm so glad you guys are home to celebrate these times with all of us...it sure makes a difference to have you home!

Anonymous said...

p.s. miss you guys SO much.

p.s. again... that family picture is definitely Christmas card worthy!

Megan and Shawn said...

Happy Belated Birthday Tanner! What big boy he is, I really can't believe he is 2! How are you all doing? We need to get together one day. This month has flown by and I've been bad about getting around to seeing others. Hope you're good.