Sunday, November 15, 2009

{good-bad-very ugly}

I realize that my own personal stress and worry as of late, pale in comparison with what is going on in the world today......but just because I can, and this is in fact my blog, I felt the need to share a little bit of the good the bad and even a glimpse of the ugly in our lives'.



The good news...... Cadbury mini eggs Christmas Edition are out in full force, at your local supermarket! Because Easter time is not nearly enough time for all of us to enjoy these sinful little eggs.





The bad news.....Cadbury mini eggs are out in full force! They are addicting and I lose all control once a bag of these are open.




Good News


The movie UP came out on DVD this week, and I am in love with this movie. So are my kids. We have watched it about 100 times already, and every time it makes me smile.


Bad News



I have found myself, more often than not, sitting my kids in front of the TV to watch movies, because I have been too tired and stressed out to do anything else.



Good News


Steve flew out to Pennsylvania this morning and will be gone until Tuesday. He had to take his Practical Exam for Step 2 of Boards, and the only testing center is located in PA. (lame!) But luckily, that means one more test down, only a few more to go! YAY.





Bad News

I have to work Tuesday night, so I won't be able to see him before he gets back home Tuesday afternoon. He is on call at the hospital and works 6am-10pm Wednesday and Thursday, and I work Thursday and Friday night as well. So basically we will be just missing each other by a few hours all week long, and I won't see him until Saturday afternoon.


More on that......


Basically our kids don't know whether their parents' are coming or going. They are constantly being passed from one grandparent to the other. Obviously after some time, I knew this would take it's toll on them eventually, but it has been really hard. And I mean really hard! I have been able to get some good perspective recently, and recognize that this time in our lives' is just but a small moment in time, and it will soon pass. I won't have to work full time forever, and Steve will graduate in May. But until then.....




Good News


Tanner had his 2 year check up last week, and he is doing great. He loves to look at books, play with cars and trucks and his fire engine. His favorite foods are pretzels, sliced ham, bacon, waffles, grapes and apple juice. He likes to run and climb, and tease his older brother.


{and sometimes pretends that he is a cowboy too.}



Bad News


He has had a horrible nasty case of Croup all week long. Coughing, fevers, and fussing. Poor baby.


Good News


I finally am feeling a lot more comfortable with my new job. No more panic attacks before I get to work. HA! Actually--come to think of it, maybe a little too comfortable because.....


Bad News


I delivered my first baby (aka without the Doctor there) a few weeks ago. I surprised myself honestly, and didn't even freak out as the baby's head was crowning. I only had one glove on though, (wasn't really expecting to deliver the baby) it went by so fast I realized I was holding a gooey baby with no one there to cut the cord. Thankfully, a million nurses came rushing in soon after, and the Doctor (a few min. too late) were there to help-- and baby and mom did great.


And finally I warned you...... The Ugly.


Me!

This is how I feel right now. I am tired, irritable, lack patience most days, haven't been to the gym or exercised in months. I don't have time to read the books that I want to, go out on dates with my husband, blog, take a nap, or even shower some days. (I told you it was ugly!) So there you have it. Christmas is only one month away-- and I literally haven't bought one single thing. I'm not kidding. Nothing. So, my goal is to stop looking and acting like a R-A-T, and get my act together this week. So the next blog post I do, will include a "Thanksgiving Giveaway" and a list of the things that I am grateful for in my life.

The End.


5 comments:

Unknown said...

No "Great" news about New Moon...in only 5 days...come on, that has to bring a smile to your face!

Mackay Family said...

You guys are one busy family. Sick that you only had on one glove to deliver the baby. I am sorry! Glad you are finally feeling good about the job. Not going to lie I have missed your blogging, but I know you have been busy!

We have already eaten 1 bag of Cadbury Christmas Balls...they are our favorite!

Sure you don't look like a rat even on your bad days...you are beautiful! (P.S. The gym part...I haven't been in over 2 years. Sad to say. Need to be better about that!)

Sarah said...

Oh my goodness! You definitely have a lot going on. I am sure this will be a stage in your lives together that you look back on and talk about a lot :) You will definitely have survived a lot together when all is said and done. You are handling it all so well! I am so glad that you're feeling better about your job, and I can't believe you delivered that baby!! That is amazing. Wow.

And thank you for letting me know about the Christmas cadbury eggs.... or curse you for letting me know... haha :) I LOVE those things!

PS - I really hope you have some time in your crazy busy schedule for New Moon this weekend!!!!

Andrea said...

No worries friends! I bought my advanced ticket purchase for New Moon this Saturday. I will ALWAYS make time for Edward. haha.

Brooke said...

I'm sorry things are so crazy right now. It must be that time of the year for everyone. Most days I'm not sure what day of the week it is and which way is "up". I hope things get better, "this too shall pass." I always feel awful about passing my kids around, but if they are with grandparents you always know they are loved. If they can't be with you, grandparents are the next best thing!
Thanks for the heads up about the mini eggs, they are my favorite!