Wednesday, March 17, 2010

{little leprechauns}

Post edit:
below

Happy St. Patty's Day




I was just looking back on a picture, of my boys taken last year on St. Patrick's Day. And from a few that I took today! My, my how they have changed. (And MY OH MY how life has changed)




{2009}






{My little Lucky Charms}


There is no doubt about it, I was a much cooler mom last year on St. Patrick's Day, than I am this year. I had to work last night, and have to work again tonight.....so there is not a whole lot of excitement left in me-- to dye milk green or hide little green footprints around the house! But we did make some really cool Oreo Cupcakes last Sunday that turned out SO SO good. I don't have time to post the recipe, but if you want it, email me and I'll send it to you.




You literally bake an entire Oreo cookie inside. I used the double stuffed Oreos, and if I would have been thinking.....clearly I would have used the mint green Oreos, to have a little green surprise inside for St. Patty's. Oh well, they were delicious and so fun to make.






Post edit: We found out this morning at 11:00am that Steve matched to University of Iowa Lutheran Hospital in Family Medicine!!! Iowa was our "home" for 3 wonderful years, and we couldn't have been more thrilled to find out we were headed back. Not to mention, being accepted into a great residency program for Steve. But I'm not going to lie, we have really enjoyed this time here in Utah with such great family and friends. I have already cried 3 times today, when I think about having to quit my job on Labor and Delivery, and having to move again. Then there is the aspect of moving away from our wonderful family's here in UT (again.) But life as it seems, has a funny was of switching things up on you when you least expect it. So we are preparing ourselves and our kids for the next adventure and chapter in our lives. Wish me strength and lots of support, I have a feeling I am going to need it more than ever!!




We are so proud of you Steve!

11 comments:

Debbi said...

YUM, those cupcakes look so good, I might have to try that, is the Oreo still crunchy or does it soften when you bake it?

I can't get over your boys, how big they are and how handsome! I think they are so cute.

Is match this week? I hope you guys are having luck with it, (I can't remember if you have already posted where you are going or not)

hope you are good - happy st. patrick's day!

Jennilyn said...

Hey I would love that recipe!!!
This day makes me think of the fun parties we had at Megan's. Sure do miss you guys.

Kiera said...

I made those cupcakes again last night for St. Patty's day. I made the frosting green. They are so sinfully yummy. Glad you liked them too.

I like that even though the cookie gets soft inside it's not mushy. Soooo yummy. I might have to run upstairs and have another.

Anonymous said...

I love that last picture of your boys... so adorable! Congrats on coming back to Iowa... too bad there wasn't a program for us here. I would have loved to be near you guys again. See you in a few short months!

Megan and Shawn said...

Congrats on the program! I have to say I'm a little jealous and would love to be moving back to our house in Iowa! Great job Steve. The boys look super cute in their green!!

Sarah said...

Such cute little leprechaun shirts!

Those cupcakes look AMAZING.

And CONGRATULATIONS on matching!! That's fun that you guys get to go back where you already have friends and are familiar with things. I can't imagine how hard it will be to have to leave all of your family and friends again, though. Good luck with everything!!!

allison said...

yeah I am glad you are coming back. Congratulations Steve!

Family Scads said...

Congrats Steve! Do you guys want to rent our Triton home? It's available! Ha ha! I hate that we are moving when you are coming back. We'll have to do lots of trips to see each other.

Brooke Hargett said...

Congrats to Steve! Love the pictures of your cuties for St. Patty's day! You always do such fun things with them!!

James and Jessica Ford said...

Congrats! That is so exciting. Good Luck with all the big transitions coming up!

Jo Ann Anderson said...

Just catching up on blogs after a long vacation and see that you will be moving back. I understand being torn, but we would love you have you back in the good ol' Waukee Ward!

The boys are super big and have grown so much since you left. Too cute!