Friday, July 9, 2010

{indoor camp out.....first night on call}




Thanks again for every one's well wishes and kind words! It has really helped out a lot this week-- to know what awesome friends and family we have surrounding us! We are going to be just fine, and if this past week gives me any indication--all will be well at the Morris home. Steve had his first on call shift this week, which means that he leaves at about 7am and doesn't get home, until around 10am the following day. That's about 27 hrs (sometimes it can be more, sometimes less) but that's how life of an intern rolls. The boys and I are going to have to get used to this new lifestyle, and make the most of it. So I decided an indoor camp out (which basically means I throw a bunch of blankets over some chairs and couches, and call it a camp out) was just what we all needed for our first night "alone." Oh yes, and we made some popcorn and ate marshmallows to give it a real authentic outdoorsy feel. Ha!



There was lots of laughter, silly dancing, crazy faces, and much fun to be had.



And then the next morning, we all piled up in the car after our night in the woods, and headed to the hosptial to pick up Steve after his first successful shift on call.



So proud!!

6 comments:

Jimmy and Kelli said...

Looks like you had some fun on the night "alone"- only like 60 more to go this year! I say water park for sure next week- name the day!

Christie Morris Eskelsen said...

What a great idea Annie! I love the indoor camp out. And I'm so glad that things are going better...they have to from now right?!?

I miss the boys so much and really am going to miss you guys at Brax's party....his cousins will totally be thought about though!

I'm glad Steve's first night went well, he truly has a gift with the whole medical thing...

Mackay Family said...

You are the cutest mom ever. What a fun way to spend the night with your boys while Steve was gone. They both look like they are having the time of their lives!

Hope you are not going crazy driving everywhere! Congrats to Steve on surviving his first shift!

Stokes Folks said...

Fun fun fun camp out! Have fun with your little ones before they grow up...it happens FAST!

Sarah said...

What a great way to spend your first night on call together! It looks like you guys had so much fun - your boys faces look so happy!

Zac said...

I'm soooo glad those are my two nephews:) I don't think its possible for them to get an cuter!!