Tuesday, August 31, 2010

{iowa state fair....fried heaven}



It is my feeling that you cannot be a true Iowan....unless you partake in the annual state fair. Unfortunately for me--I did not get to partake in the highly anticipated fried food fanfare this year, since I was still trying to beat my nasty stomach flu. I still had a good time however, and I know for a fact that the rest of my family had a great time stuffing themselves with delectable fair food.


In fact Steve very much enjoyed eating his fried oreos!


Lightly battered and sprinkled with powdered sugar!


I had to take his word for it that they were delicious!!


Then, one of my absolute favorite--the fried cheese curds were had by all! (Except me!)


A fried piece of heaven indeed!

I won't bore you with more food, but you get the idea. You go to the fair to eat what Iowa has to offer---and it is TASTY!


We saw the smelly animals.







My favorite were the baby goats.



Behold the Butter Cow!
(Literally-- a cow carved out of 100% Iowa churned butter)


And the Ice Dragon!
(A dragon carved out of....you guessed it ICE!)


It was actually quite hot the day we went, but we all had a great time anyway.

And it was so fun to have grandma here to enjoy the fair with us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

why on earth am i so behind on reading all of these posts? i swear i haven't had time to check out anyone's blog... miss you so much... and why on earth did you not partake in the fried foods at the fair.. i think that's a crime isn't it?