Monday, August 9, 2010

{balloons and blurb}



We took the boys to the annual Indianola Balloon Festival this past weekend. We had never been before, and thought it would be fun to go and check it out. It mostly just made me really excited to hit up the Iowa State Fair next week for all of the fattening "fair food." Yeah, it doesn't take much to make me happy! Ha. The boys loved seeing all of the cool hot air balloons, and we all "enjoyed" a very HOT and HUMID night out as a family.





I am looking forward to eating my "fried dill pickles" and "fried snickers" very soon!






Gotta love cotton candy!










These last two pics are my favorite!





Definitely worth the trip to see this!



And lastly....Blurb! I am sure many of your already know about this site--but this month there is a coupon for $39.95 off your blurb book. Pretty dang sweet right! You have to have it submitted by Aug. 31, 2010 to get the discount. So go to the link {here} and hurry up and get your blog published into a book. I just finished my first one last week, and I can't wait to see how it turns out.

5 comments:

Mackay Family said...

The pictures from the balloon festival are SO fun. Thanks for the Blurb coupon! I am almost finished with a book and am so excited to get it published with that killer deal. Did you do a blog book or something else?

Andrea said...

I made a blog book. Just waiting to get it in the mail.

Sarah said...

Woohoo! Thanks for the heads up on blurb. That's the extra motivation I need to actually get a blog book done. Thanks, Andrea!

Also, you are the most photogenic family I've ever seen. So cute.

Christie Morris Eskelsen said...

That family pic looks awesome of you guys! I'm so glad you got some fam time in and the balloons look really cool!

Thanks for the Blurb tip...I'm doing mine right now.

I can't wait for Thanksgiving!

Azure said...

Who doesn't love a fried snickers?!!! I mostly love the fair for the people watching!! Looks like you guys are doing well out there. Miss you guys!