2011 is here!
I am really looking forward to what this coming year will bring. The year 2010 was full of so many transitions and changes for our family, that I am looking forward to the New Year with great anticipation. I, like many of you have been pondering as to what direction I want for this coming year to take me.
I personally am not a big fan of "New Years Resolutions"---or I guess I should say the idea behind them. I have a hard time setting a big list of goals at the beginning of the year, to fall short by mid February, and feel like a total failure. (Which in the past, is usually what has happened)
So this year, I want to take a different approach. I have had a lot of thoughts and ideas that have been floating around in my head for the past few months. And the reoccurring theme that keeps coming back each time is the word
strengthen.
The word strengthen-- could mean a variety of things to different people I suppose! But to me, it means something very specific. With all of the challenges, transitions, changes, and at times trials that last year brought--I feel that the thing, that needs to be at the fore front of our lives this year- is working to build a strong foundation within our family unit.
Working on strengthening our family and all that it encompasses-- is my aspiration for this year! I have really thought long and hard about what kinds of things that I could do this year to not only strengthen my family but also myself. I found this awesome link off of lds.org that gives several key ways that will assist you in building a strong family. Click on the link {here} if you want to check it out.
The four main topics cover:
1. Keys to Strong Families
2. Strengthening Husband and Wife Relationships
3. Strengthening Parent and Child Relationships
3. Strengthening Parent and Child Relationships
4. Strengthening Individual Family Members
So even though my "goal" for 2011 to strengthen may seem a bit vague to you--I am very keyed in, as to what it means specifically for me--and I can't wait to get started!
And to start out the New Year, the boys have undergone some changes of their own. First up Tanner.
Meet the newest member of the Sunbeams!
That's right, Tanner had a little "graduation" from nursery yesterday, and is now officially in primary!
He did very good on his first day. I think that he was mostly just excited to be in primary with Hunter. We are so proud of our little Sunbeam.
He lost his two front bottom teeth this past summer, and they are now almost all grown in.
That sweet little smile of his just melts my heart.
He calls his "new smile" his vampire smile.
So here's to a New Year ahead for the Morris Family!
4 comments:
I feel the same way about resolutions. The reason I hate New Years in general. What a great goal you have, to strengthen. I wish you the best of luck this year and hope you all come out in December stronger!
I love your one word theme for the year. It sounds like it will be wonderful. And I love the two missing front teeth! I think it looks so cute :)
Great Idea! Love the word choice, and I think you're already pretty darn strong! Did I just say darn?
Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog...now I know where yours is!
I love the word "Strengthen" as a New Year's goal...I totally get it, and I want to strive for that, too!
Fun pictures--you are so photogenic, Andrea.
Post a Comment