Saturday, May 14, 2011

{black eyed pea}

Meet my sweet little black-eyed pea Tanner.





Mother's Day weekend, turned out to be a great lesson--in how we don't give our brother black eyes.




Of course it was an accident, and Hunter obviously didn't mean to give Tanner-- two great big raccoon eyes. But sometimes these two boys can get a little too rowdy at times when they are playing, and unfortunately Tanner's head paid the price this time. What happened, was that they were jumping on the blowup mattress that we had set up, and Hunter "accidentally" shoved his brother off, and he smacked his head right into the wall. He got a huge goose egg on his forehead, and then a nice bruise developed later, and it has continued to drain down to his eyes.


We love our little black-eyed pea, Tanner. And I for one--will be very happy when I don't get anymore curious looks from strangers at the grocery store, who wonder why my 3 year old looks like he has been abused.





7 comments:

Janae said...

oh my goodness! Poor little dude! that looks awful. I hurt just looking at it. how sad. I hope it doesn't take too long to clear up. Does it hurt much? or is he okay?

Unknown said...

I am 99.9% certain that they learned that from my boys!

Erika said...

OUCH! Poor kid. But he wouldn't be a true little boy without some bump or bruise on him...:)

Cassie said...

I know that feeling. When Hallie got a black eye falling off the toilet I couldn't take her anywhere without getting looks. Hopefully it heals fast!

Sarah said...

Oh no! Poor little guy! That looks awful. I hope it clears up soon! I can only imagine the looks you're getting ;) Gotta love old ladies in the grocery store! haha

Christie Morris Eskelsen said...

Tanner looks awful...I'm not ready for the days in the ER and calls from school...the joys of 2 boys right?

I'm glad you guys had a great Mother's Day, your two nephews love and miss you guys.

Can't wait to see you this summer.

Mackay Family said...

Oh my! Poor little Tanner. I am just waiting for that day to happen at our house. Brotherly love...right?!?