Well, there are quite a lot of different reasons-- why I haven't posted in awhile. The main one being, that our home computer went out on us a couple weeks ago. I am pretty bummed out about it, because right now, we aren't really able to go out and buy a new one to replace it. But, luckily we were able to get Steve's old laptop to run again, so that is what I am left with for now.
Lots of exciting/stressful things have been going on around here--and more to come in the next few weeks. So I am going to attempt to try and get caught up with my blogging over the next few days. Starting with a few things the kids have been up to these past few weeks.
Lots of exciting/stressful things have been going on around here--and more to come in the next few weeks. So I am going to attempt to try and get caught up with my blogging over the next few days. Starting with a few things the kids have been up to these past few weeks.
A few weeks back, when Hunter had a no school/teacher prep day--we met up with some good friends of ours, and took our kids to Monkey Joes for the afternoon. It was a lot of fun, and I know that my kids had a blast that day.
The last Tuesday of every month, they have a "Family Fun" night at the Valley West mall here in Iowa--and all of the activities are free. Face painting, bounce houses, crafts, train rides--and it is a lot of fun to go. Last month's theme was Spiderman. So again, met up with some good friends of ours, and enjoyed a family fun night out. The ironic thing is-- that of the four families that all met up--none of us had our husbands with us. Either they were out of town, or working at the hospital that night. I feel very fortunate to have been blessed with such a strong group of friends, who are always there for me and can relate to what I am going through. It has really been a great source of strength to me during trying times.
Happy Kids
Ok, so the other big news is that we are moving...again! I counted up the number of times that Steve and I have moved in our almost 9 years of being married, and it comes to 7 times. You'd think that I would be a pro at it by now right?? Well, to make a long story short--as much as we have truly loved living where we do right now (really I have loved it) an amazing opportunity opened up to us a couple months back, and it was something that we could not pass up.
Some good friends of ours, the Kirk's are moving at the end of this month, and offered to let us rent their awesome house from them over the next two years of Steve's residency. I feel so fortunate that they thought of us, when the time came for them to consider renting, because I feel like we hit the jackpot. My kids are going to literally be in heaven this summer. I don't have any pics to post, (they are saved on my home computer) but lets just say that the huge, fully fenced in back yard--complete with a deck, awesome play set and trampoline will keep them occupied for many hours this summer. I am so excited, and a little stressed out at the same time having to get ready to pack up and move yet again, over the next couple of weeks, but it will all be well worth it.
So, that is what has been going on around here lately.
More updates and posts to come.
7 comments:
What fun! I'm so excited for you and the Kirks!! Is Valley West crazy busy on those nights? I've thought of going, but Jon HATES crowds... I may have to just go sometime :)
Sounds like you find a lot of fun things to do out there.
So this nice new big house you are going to be renting...lot's of room for visitors? I would love to come see you guys out there sometime.
Can't wait to be your neighbor!!
I can't believe how many fun family things they do out there. That's so awesome. And speaking of awesome, woohoo for a bigger house with an awesome yard! I am so happy and excited for you guys! It sounds like it just worked out perfectly!! Good luck with all of the packing and moving!!!!
awww im sooo super excited for you for the move! but please tell me its still in the ward??!! DONT LEAVE ME *pouts boo-hoo* haha! you look like your having a blast, stinks about the computer though
You always find fun things to do with your kids!
This new place sounds so nice! I am so excited for you guys. Good luck moving again! That is crazy that you have moved that many times!
Sounds like you've been having fun! that's great!
How nice to be moving again! We know all about moving - we've done it a lot ourselves. we've lived 7 places as well, and we are actually moving in June to the house next door. That sounds weird, and it's an easy move, but we like that house better so we are moving over there. kind of funny. The nice yard sounds great. i bet you guys are excited! Wish we could come help you and see your new place!
Post a Comment