Friday, December 30, 2011

{romney rally}




Mitt for President 2012!












I found out late last night that Mitt Romney was going to be rallying at a local grocery store in Iowa, about 10 minutes from my house. Really, how could I not go? There is a common joke here in corn country--that the world only cares about Iowa one day every four years! Which would be when the Iowa caucus is held, which happens to be this coming Tuesday. I was really, really hoping that I could go and get my picture taken with him...and how disappointing it was to be so close, and yet so far away. As you can see from the pics I took, I was right there--within a few feet of him-- but oh yeah, did I mention that I got to bring my kids along with me to the rally? For some silly reason I thought that it was going to be held indoors where it was nice and warm. Nope, wishful thinking on my part, it was outside in the freezing rain. I'm pretty sure, if I had known that I would have dressed my kids more appropriately for outdoor freezing rain weather, but alas I did not. Tanner was the most unhappy, and began crying very loudly "Mom! I'm soooo cold!" Over and over again through chattering teeth. Thankfully Hunter was very good, and did pretty well. (maybe because I bribed him with McDonald's for breakfast afterwards if he behaved.)


I am really glad that I went however, it was one of those fun and exciting times that living in a state that no one cares about--is pretty cool. At the rally they handed out Romney posters to everyone that was there, so when we got home, Hunter and I took a couple pics to show our support!



Go Mitt




So get out this Tuesday and cast your vote for your favorite candidate fellow Iowans!


Your vote counts!


No comments: