Hard to believe that this picture below was taken exactly one week ago today. Because if you looked out my window today....it would be a very different story. We have had very bizarre weather over the past two days. Snow, snow and more snow! By the way, did I mention that it's MAY!!
Anyway, I am going to be doing a series of blog updates over the next few days hopefully. We had a very special event take place last weekend, with Hunter getting baptized, and we were fortunate enough to have our families here to support us on this great occasion. My parents and grandma Stewart got into town last Thursday, and on Friday morning we decided to head into Pella--one of my families favorite little Iowa towns to visit. We have made many a trip to Pella with them over the years. Pretty sure there is ONE big reason why...and it tastes like a Dutch pastry :)
I am so glad that I snapped this quick photo of the almost blooming tulips. Because as stated above, the weather has taken a drastic turn for the worst since last Friday, and snow has covered the grounds. The Tulip Festival unfortunately is this weekend, and I am so sad. We look forward to going to this festival every year, and we have made it a Morris family tradition. But this year I am afraid we won't be going. Freezing temps and snowy tulips aren't my idea of a good time.
And to be honest, the real reason why we go anyway is for the pastries. Jaarsma bakery is our favorite. My grandma loved it there and we had such a fun afternoon with her. My boys call her grandma Nana. What a special treat it was to have her come to stay with us. She called me up one day, and said that she really felt like it was important for her to be there to see Hunter get baptized. I hope she doesn't mind me sharing this, but my grandma is 80 years old. This woman gets around like nobody's business. She is active and one of the sharpest ladies you'd ever meet. I honestly felt honored that she would even consider taking the time and effort to be here with us. But I am so grateful that she did, and will cherish the time we spent with her forever.
My parents
It was a very tasty day.
No comments:
Post a Comment