I know I have a lot to catch up on from this month (Utah trip)....but I just got back from girl's camp a few hours ago, and I wanted to do a quick post about the awesome group of girls I got to hang out with over the past 3 days.
I was called to be an assistant camp director (youth leader) this summer for the young women in our church. Even though our numbers were small...the girls made up for it in spirit and spunk. It was a Stake camp so there were roughly 120 girls in all. Here are all of us the first day we got up to camp Bear Creek. The 'theme' was Daughter's of Royalty: Journey to the Temple.
Me with a couple of awesome Beehives.
The flag we made to represent the value and theme of camp.
Each day for opening and closing flag ceremonies-- the girls have to come up with a fun little chant for roll call. Here we are practicing for the evening devotional doing our rendition of the "Cup Song"--girl's camp style (thank you Pitch Perfect.)
Camp looks pretty rough eh?
Here are Elise and I getting 'pampered' with homemade foot scrubs. Don't let this picture fool you, we did plenty of hiking, cooking, teaching, scrubbing, walking, lifting, etc....
I'm not going to lie, this was a very welcome reprieve from all the day's work. Plus our feet smelled awesome afterwards.
One of our girl's got to celebrate her birthday while up at camp, so I wanted to surprise her with her favorite cupcakes. We had a mini celebration for cute Alyssa's 17th bday.
Yum!
And lastly....it's all about the hair baby! I was asked to put together a 'craft' for the whole camp (roughly 120) and found this cool idea off of Pinterest. No sew, braided headbands. They turned out pretty cool and the girls all went crazy over them. Super fun and easy to make.
And when I said, it's all about the hair at camp....that's no lie. These girls have some mad hair braiding skills. Everyday was a new creation. This was my hair the day I came home. I need them to come over everyday to do my hair now.
If only I could have stayed longer....
I had the best time with these strong, inspiring,courageous, stunning, beautiful and amazing young women.
No comments:
Post a Comment