Thursday, October 31, 2013

{cookies+carving}



I never grow tired of saying how much we love Halloween at our house. But really, there isn't a better month in my opinion than October. I just got back from a beautiful early morning drive with Steve--and we drove around and looked at all of the changing leaves on the trees and the brilliant colors that Fall time brings. Yesterday we did one of my favorite activities, which is baking Halloween goodies, watching scary movies all day and carving pumpkins with my family. We are fortunate this week to have Grandma Morris here to visit during our favorite holiday.  




We have had a tradition for the last 3-4 years or so that the kids get to paint their pumpkins, and watch  as their dad carves up a masterpiece with the remaining pumpkins. I do not carve, but I do enjoy watching and eating the toasted pumpkin seeds. 










Ok, so this little one was truly terrified of the pumpkins this year. I was kind of surprised because Mia is not scared of much...honestly she is tough as nails. But for some reason the pumpkins and it's guts had her freaked out. 

    





It took a good 20 minutes before she came around.










 Another one of my favorite things to do is sit out on the front porch and watch the freshly carved Jack-O-lanterns glow in the night. 



For dinner last night we had chicken nachos and our favorite spinach salad. 
Today, it being Halloween and all--we have a lot more fun and festivities to look forward to. 

I cannot wait.


No comments: