One of my favorite weekends of the year, has got to be the October session of General Conference. I think that I have mentioned a time or two how much I love the Fall and this time of year. It is absolutely beautiful in Iowa right now, and the temperatures are starting to cool--which means that it is time to break out the sweaters, jackets, cozy socks, sitting by the fireplace, while sipping a hot chocolate and best of all......that our favorite holiday is right around the corner.
I personally enjoyed watching Conference this weekend, more than I have in awhile. Probably because I felt that so many of the talks spoke right to me and gave me the boost of encouragement that I was so desperately searching for--to keep pressing upward and onward. What a blessing it is to listen to such uplifting and inspiring words from such wise and wonderful men and women.
I am surprised every time how much the boys look forward to the little activity booklets I put together for them. Especially Hunter, he got really sad and upset when I told him I forgot to make them this time (which I kinda did) so I hurried up and printed some off and they were thrilled.
And this is how Steve and Mia watched conference.......
We had a special delivery from some great friends (the bishop and his sweet wife) who gave us this very thoughtful and fun little candy game for the kids to play while watching conference. Needless to say, they loved it.
And with so many great talks, and wonderful messages of hope and love I am renewed and full of gratitude for all of the many blessings and happiness' in my life.
Best weekend of the year
No comments:
Post a Comment