What can I say...my Sunday photo was actually taken on Saturday and I am posting about it on a Monday!!!
Center Grove Apple Orchard goes down as one of my all time favorite things to do with my family-- to kick off the Fall. We go every year, and each time it gets better and better. It is well worth the drive and money-- for the chance to enjoy the beautiful orchards, homemade apple cider donuts, apple slushies and bring home a peck of honey crisp apples.
My favorite photo from the day is the one above. They look so happy and content and are just enjoying the simple things in life. Reminds me that I need to do that a lot more.
The corn pool. An Iowa tradition.
It is fun to look back over the last 4 or 5 years or so and see how much the kids have grown up from each visit to the orchard.
Mia Kate was not a fan on the corn pool at first. It took her awhile to warm up to being in a sea of corn. It surprised us actually, Steve and I both thought that she'd dig right in, but after about 10 minutes she was all for it.
Best Saturday we've had in a long time.
No comments:
Post a Comment