Sunday, September 1, 2013

{sunday photo 34: recap}



I know that I have slacked off quite a bit in recent weeks/months in keeping up my blog. I have been pretty distracted as of late, and to be perfectly honest-- it has been very hard finding the motivation to keep a record of our daily lives when things haven't been the greatest. I know I can't make time stop, even though sometimes I wished that I could speed it up or make it cease to exist all together. But nevertheless, life picks up and moves along regardless of circumstances. I am able to see the joy and happiness when I look at these three children pictured below, and it reminds me why I have a reason to keep on, keeping on. This Sunday, after sacrament meeting we decided to take the rest of the afternoon and enjoy the beauty all around us. We took a drive out to Winterset, and visited John Wayne's birthplace and the Bridges of Madison County. 
Beauty and peace was all around. I will post more pictures of our afternoon later this week. (hopefully)







This week marked Steve's favorite time of year, that being college football and the opening of hunting season. The Utes had their first game last Thursday and won! We are looking forward to a great season watching our favorite team. 




Oh Tanner boy. These pictures break my heart. This is the result of a pretty significant allergic reaction  Tanner had this past week at school. Even with 3 different allergy medications on board, his eye swelled up and he had to come home from school that day. We are probably going to have to get him into an Allergist to see what we can do to prevent this from happening again. He had a dose of Claritin, Flonase and eye drops and still his allergies could not be contained.



This week I also finally got around to making my little girly a 'baby blanket.' Yeah, I realize she is 17 months old...but better late than never right? I enlisted my 'sewing' friends to help out one afternoon, and we had such a fun time hanging out and quilt tying. 


It was a good week :)


No comments: