Sunday, November 24, 2013

{sunday photo 44}



On this chilly, yet sunny day in Iowa--here my three little munchkins sit. Most days it is a struggle to get them to all get along and play well together. Today, for some reason is a very good day. (I'll take it!) We just got back from Stake Conference, and heard some very inspired and uplifting words. One of the talks really stood out to me this afternoon---and it was exactly what I needed to hear today. It was very reminiscent of one of Elder Uchtdorf's talks last month in General Conference.








Here are a few excepts from his talk last month...."Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters—my dear friends—please, first doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith. We must never allow doubt to hold us prisoner and keep us from the divine love, peace, and gifts that come through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ."

“If you seek truth, meaning and a way to transform faith into action; if you are looking for a place of belonging: Come, join with us,” 
“If you have left the faith you once embraced: Come back again."
“If you are tempted to give up: Stay yet a little longer. There is room for you here."
“I plead with all who hear or read these words: Come, join with us."


Powerful words! I am very much looking forward to celebrating Thanksgiving this coming week with my family, and all that it brings. I do indeed have much to be grateful for. And when I find myself complaining about my circumstances and all the the negatives that could potentially overwhelm and possibly overtake me--I am very quickly reminded of the abundance of blessings that surround me. Sometimes it really is just simply choosing to have a positive attitude and focusing on all the the good instead of fixating on the negative. Advice like that normally would have really irritated me a few months ago. But I am stubborn and sometimes it takes me a few times around to learn the hard way. I am thankful today...that my children are happy and healthy and for some unknown reason that is beyond me---are all getting along!!

Happy Sunday

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These are NOT your average looking children !! I realize I am the grandma BUT . . . They simply don't come cuter than this.