Thursday, February 21, 2008

{day two}

SO here are some things that I have learned since yesterday....when I hatched this crazy idea to potty train my son!!

- This process requires an enormous level of patience from me! I considered myself to be a pretty patient mom until yesterday happened. ( Don't worry--I still haven't lost it yet...but i'm close) ha ha
-This is most definitely going to take longer than 3 days!!! More like 3 years~ (just kidding, I am just being dramatic)
-It is a lot harder than I thought it was going to be-- not being able to leave my house whenever I want to!
-It is really hard to do this by yourself when you have 2 kids! (Poor sweet pea Tanner, has been a bit neglected without as much attention from me)
-I have said the words 'pee pee' 'potty' and 'good boy' about 1000 times in the past 1 1/2 days!
- And lastly...I way under-estimated Hunter, and his stubborn 3 year old nature.
I do however, have a small success to report from my efforts today! Back to Hunter's stubborn nature, well after 5 hours...(yes 5 hours!) and 3 full refills from his drink cup (24 oz)...drum roll please...
Hunter peed in the toilet!! That stubborn little guys "held it" from 9am this morning until finally at 2:00 he gave up, and went. Apparently Hunter is not a fan of the potty chair and FINALLY after his little bladder was about to explode, he went in the toilet! So here is the picture of our and I do mean our success! Way to go buddy!!

7 comments:

Debbi said...

way to go hunter! that is great news! I have to agree, you have to have patience and just wait till you try the poop- I felt like an ob nurse saying "it's ok, just push it out" and crazy things like that! hahah. funny how we laugh and talk about poop and pee so much when we become moms!

Megan and Shawn said...

Good job!! Hopefully after that he'll be on his way to success. Hang in there - it will be worth it.

The Halls said...

yeh!!!! Hunter Boy! way to go mom for a sweet tast of satisfactoin. befor you know it it will just be a memory of Hunter in diappers!

Christie Morris Eskelsen said...

Oh Annie I am so excited! You are seriously such a great mom with SOOOO much patience! You have to be taking notes because I don't know what I'm going to do when that time comes for Carter. You are amazing and I'm so glad that you even have time and energy to keep us all posted! Congrats girl!

Jamie said...

Way to go Hunter!! This is quite the feat Andrea!! c.c. news-call me when you can!

Azure said...

Way to go Hunter (and Andrea)!!! That's very exciting. I wasn't kidding when I told you that it was going to take a lot of patience. During the whole process I kept wondering why I had started it. But by the end of the 2nd day, it was pretty much a done deal. I know that you guys can do it!!! Hang in there!!! Oh yeah, have you had to deal with pooping in the toilet yet? Just wait.......

Scott and Angie said...

I really konw your pain! Lexi was so hard to potty train! She was a bit over 3 (about 4 months over)before she was potty trained. She still has problems a night though. Good luck, it sounds like your well on your way. I wish Azure had that magical book for me when i was going through it. congrats Hunter!(and you, too)!