So do you ever feel like a
crappy mom sometimes?? Well boy do I
EVER feel like that today! Pretty sure I should win some kind of award for being a crappy mom right now. Today was Tanner's 6 month
'well check up'! I was very excited to see how much he had grown over these past two months, and wasn't really concerned about him-- other than the fact that he has been
BEYOND irritable and fussy these past weeks due to "teething" (or so I thought.) Well--the doctor found another pretty good reason to explain my poor little Tanner's recent bout of low-grade fevers, many tears and sleepless nights....He had a
ruptured eardrum!!!!!! Yep thats right.... it wasn't the teething so much, but the fact that he had so much fluid built up from previous "untreated" ear infections, that his tiny little eardrum finally burst. It was pretty sick to see the doctor draining puss from my little 6 month old's ear while he screamed at the top of his lungs. Yeah...like I said "
Mom of the Year!!" So on top of the fact that he has been "teething" over these past weeks, his little ear has been slowly getting more and more infected. Which makes me feel
horrible! (Apparently orajel....not so effective in treating ear infections!!) SO there you have it--after they finished giving him his "
6 month shots" which produced more tears, we headed to the pharmacy to get his antibiotic filled, and back home for lots of much needed love from mom!
So here are my little guys stats:
{height:} 28.0 inches 90%
{weight:} 17.1 lbs 50%
{head circ:} 16.5 inches 25%I had to throw in some pics of Tanner bug--he has recently discovered the wonders of the "gumming" a tasty orange...and eating his hand!

14 comments:
Oh Andrea...so sad for him and don't feel too bad, it's hard to know what's going on with little ones when they are fussy.
He's such a cutie!
That is so sad! Don't be to hard on yourself, babies are so hard to know what they are really up to sometimes. Hope he gets better fast. He is such a cute baby.
I think you need to strap him in the blue chair and put him on the 'greyhound' bound for Kaysville and let his grandma's take care of him for awhile; Poor Tanno . . . just kidding Annie you are doing a great job but when they can't talk its hard to know sometimes what they are trying to say.
seriously, though, how would you know unless you look in their ears all the time? really?! You are a great mom and I would think it was teething too, plus he is usually such a good baby, and the right age for teething, I would really go for that first! I he is such a cutie and I love the pictures. did you star the 3rd book? don't get frustrated - read the whole thing!
Andrea- I totally hear ya! I let Derek scream himself to sleep for a 6 days because I just thought he was being difficult. I finally thought I was going to lose my mind, so I took him to the doctor for some advice and found out he had a horrible ear infection. I felt like crap. I hope that Tanner is feeling better. And by the way- you are a fabulous mom!!!
oh no! You are not a bad mommy, but I've felt that way before, remember my shopping cart story. I hope he feels better soon, Bryson has been through quite a few of those-He is so cute Andrea!
Seriously...I agree with your mom...Tanner needs to come to Utah for a little while. (Not because you're not doing a good job but because we MISS him soo much!) Seriously, you're doing such a great job, I only have Carter to worry about and still stress out sometimes...how you do it with TWO kids!
He is getting so big, I can't wait to see him in July. And really, don't be hard on yourself, I think all of us have been there at one time or another. I know I have. I hope he gets better fast! Give him extra kisses from us.
Poor littler Tanner, I am glad they figured it out. And you are not a bad mom, most of us would had thought the same thing (that is was just teething).
He looks so cute in those pictures, I especially like the second one.
Andrea, what can I say. This is hilarious and so sad all at the same time. We have all had those moments when we feel like "Mother of the Year"!!!! You are not the only one out there. Poor little Tanner. Well, at least now maybe he will not be so irritable. Is it bad that I chuckled when I read this? Sorry!!! I'm just glad to know that I am not the only one who has no idea what to do for my kids sometimes. It's so hard to know what is going on with them. It would be nice if they were able to talk from day 1 so we could know what is wrong with them.
You're not a crappy mom - I would have done the same thing! Its hard to know when they are really sick or just kinda sick! Give yourself a break - its hard to chase two little boys around (I'm in trouble!)
oh whatever your are a crappy mom! those boys are so blessed to have you belive me we have all been their!
Poor little Tanner. Just remember, we all have 'Mother of the Year' times! I hope he gets feeling well soon
Its so hard to know what is going on with little ones. After reading your blog I don't think your a bad mom at all, more like super-mom. All of the fun things you do with your kids, plus all of the other fun things you make time for. Steve's a lucky guy.
Post a Comment