Friday, May 16, 2008

{play time....food storage}

I love watching my two boys play together! It has been so fun for me to watch these two silly brothers interact over these past few weeks!! It is cool to see how much Hunter loves to include Tanner now in his "world!!" Hunter usually plays pretty well with his little brother, and Tanner just lights up anytime his big brother wants to give him attention.


These are just a few pics that I have taken of them together over the past few days---and I just wanted to post a couple!



Tanner really is such a happy and content little boy...and rarely will you find him without a great big smile on his face! His new nickname is baby Mako shark! Steve and I think he resembles a cute little baby shark whenever he smiles and shows his two little baby teeth!


It has also been good for Hunter..to learn how to share his toys with Tanner, and now that Tanner is getting a little bigger--he really has fun rolling around on the ground and watching Hunter play by him!

And finally--I received quite the surprise this morning from the UPS man---when this package arrived from my parents in Utah! I am the first one to admit that I have absolutely NO {food storage} set aside for emergencies! In fact I always have to cringe whenever I am sitting in Relief Society...and someone pipes up and starts talking about their families' food storage supply, and how "prepared" they are for if and when a freak earthquake or tornado (one of the many perks of living in the Midwest) hits. But thanks to my very wise and prepared parents--no need to worry about the Morris family if disaster strikes--because we have enough food storage to last us 3 whole months! (It actually is a pretty cool kit if anyone is interested in purchasing one for your family--I can give you the information! It has a shelf-life of 20 years) I never thought in a million years that I would be one-- to post about my "food storage" But I guess there is a first time for everything!!! So Happy Friday everyone---and I hope you all have a great weekend!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute boys! Tanner is growing up so fast. We have something like that for food storage also. Smart parents for sending that to you! There may come a time when we need it. All of that kind of freaks me out to think about though. I cut a girls hair the other night and she was telling me that they learned about sifting wheat to get flour (because flour obviously doesn't last forever) WHAT THE?!?! Seriously I just want every thing to go back to normal....none of this paying 5 bucks a gallon for gas...food shortages etc!

The Halls said...

Hey that is one of the best gifts I think cuz its something you don't go get yourself(even though we should). But that was very thoughtful of your mom!!!


P.S. supper cute boys!!

Sartori Fam said...

Andrea I can't get over how cute your boys are! I agree, I love watching my kids play together and it amazes me how much they love each other. I want to know more about your food storage kit and where your parents got it. I have gradually been adding stuff to my food storage, but none of it would last 20 years. I would like to purchase it for our family!

Christie Morris Eskelsen said...

I'm so glad Hunter has little Tanner to be friends with. I'm so excited to see them in a few weeks! Last time we saw them, Tanner really didn't do much of anything so this summer will be a blast.

Good job on the food storage...gotta be honest...I don't cook let alone keep food for storage...but love the idea!