Sunday, May 4, 2008

{tulips}


Yesterday we went to the Tulip Festival in Pella. This was the first year we had been--and it did not disappoint! Tulips just happen to be one of my very favorite flowers...and seeing all of those bright colors everywhere was breathtaking! I have to admit though---my favorite part of the day, was tasting all of the delicious dutch pastries and food they had to offer--YUM!!! Those Dutch people sure know how to make a cream puff that is D-I-V-I-N-E!!

I also scored and found this really cute 'tote' bag for only 7 bucks in one of the fun little shops they have there....perfect "church bag" for Sunday-- right?!?

I think that Hunter's favorite part of the day was the parade they had....(maybe it had something to do with this particular float...hmm????)

Tanner and mommy at the parade....

More pictures by the lovely tulips.....



It was a wonderful day, and it was made even better by spending it with good friends!!!!

On a quick side note...apparently somebody's parents forget to put sunscreen on their kids that day--and resulted in what you would call-- a sunburn! Oops sorry kids :(

Also we finally got a "double jogger" stroller for the boys, and not a moment too soon! The boys LOVED riding around yesterday at the festival, and I can't wait to take them on lots of walks/jogs this summer!

18 comments:

Debbi said...

Cute pictures! We have went every year, but didn't make it this year. It's fun and that parade is forever long! It really never ends. I hope you love Harry Potter, I love it. And - I can't wait to hear about how you feel about the ending to the other series!

Christie Morris Eskelsen said...

So cute Annie! I bet Hunter about DIED when he saw the Train float. How fun! Hunter and Tanner are seriously getting too big...tell them to STOP! Their Aunt Christie misses them too much!

I'm so glad that you got to do something fun.

Anonymous said...

That festival looks like a blast. Looks like you all had a great time!

Unknown said...

Those tulips are SO pretty. That parade looks like it was so much fun! Oh, and I absolutely love your new bag!

kdance said...

Hey, we were in Pella yesterday, too! We went in the evening, though, so you were probably gone by then. Don't you love going there? The tulips rock, you get tons of fun pics, and the food is AMAZING!

Anonymous said...

We must have missed you yesterday because we were there too. It was a ton of fun and our favorite part was the HUGE funnel cake with tons of sugar and strawberries on top. Yummy! So Tanner looks SO big in the last post, where has the time gone??

Turners said...

Beautiful pics! Maybe I am wrong, but some of them look just like your wedding announcement - same colors and everything! You guys look great!

Sartori Fam said...

Andrea~ I saw your blog link when I was checking out Azure's. Your boys are so cute! How are things going? Check out our blog havenzeke.blogspot.com

Jamie said...

How beautiful! You guys are just having too much fun! Next time remember that sunscreen! Poor Hunter!

Anonymous said...

Andrea we had so much fun with you guys yesterday...although we didn't see you a ton! :) We went and got in line for some of those delicious pancake things and you were gone! I am totally loving our new bags! SCORE at the festival!

The Harris's said...

Wow, those are beautiful flowers. I love the sunburn it reminds me I Hawaii..

Sartori Fam said...

Andrea you look so awesome too, and your blog is super cute. I really need to work on mine. Anyway we are moving back the end of June, so maybe we could get together when you are in Utah. We need to keep in touch!

Courtney said...

I wish we could have gone to the Tulip Festival this year. I loved it last year! And I have to say, I've gone a day or two without putting sunscrean on Drew...oops!!

Loving the bag! Way cute!

Janae said...

That looks like so much fun! I'd much rather have a Tulip Festival than what we get here in the south - the Okra Strut! At least we get the Peach Festival too.

Megan and Shawn said...

What good pictures of you guys. We had a great time too, it was a fun day minus the wind. I wish I would have stayed for the parade, Sam would have loved the Thomas! Oh, well . . .

Azure said...

Beautiful, beautiful tulips!!! I too love them. You sure are having lots of fun out there. Love the jogger. It will be lots of fun!! So I started reading the Twilight books. I am loving it!!! I never thought that I would. I seriously can't put it down!!! I should have listened to you a long time ago when you told me to read it.

The Halls said...

you guys look so adroable your family is soo beautiful!!! I know I am a big time BLOG SLACKER! but thanks for the pics and I will get them on!Before next years festival!!! ha ha

Jennilyn said...

Cute pics, I am sad we didn't see ya there! That was a long parade but yummy food for sure! Yeah on the stroller, I am so jealous. Where did you end up getting one?