Aunt "Ka" (aka my sister Erika) left back to Utah today. She was able to come out and stay with us this past week, and we had such a fun time with her here. I love my sister so much, and feel so blessed to not only have a super cool sister, but a best friend as well. This is actually the 3rd year in a row that she has come out over Christmas break to visit our little Iowa family, and I am so happy that she has. I hate saying goodbye not only to her, but to another year gone by. So here are a few...(ok actually quite a lot of pics of some of the fun things we did while she was here.)
A trip to the Science Center was first on the list of things to do. They have a new "Robots" exhibit that was pretty cool to see.
Sugar cookies were made and decorated....
I think my favorite day with my sister was when we went and got pedicures! (my feet are the much cuter ones) haha! Inside joke--we always teased each other growing up about who's feet were the best!
Hunter got a Harry Potter wand that lights up from Erika for Christmas, so he thought that was pretty awesome. Steve really does not love Harry Potter (that's putting it lightly) so it was fun to have a Harry Potter movie marathon while she was here.
Last night (New Years Eve) we drove into Omaha and spent the night at a hotel. Her plane left early this morning, so we thought it would be a fun way to bring in the New Year!! We got some pizzas, went swimming in the pool with the kids, stayed up late and watched movies until the clock struck midnight....and said "Happy New Year" and then all went to bed.
Charlie Brown (aka Tanner) looks a little flushed in this pic, that's because he had a temp of 104 degrees all night long. My poor baby is sick again. I swear it never ends with this kid.
Well Hunter was pretty sad, when the time came to say goodbye to his aunt Ka....and to be honest-- I think I was even sadder than he was to see her go. Thanks so much sister for all that you do. We all love and will miss you very much.
11 comments:
I'm so glad you guys had fun. It's so nice to have family visit...but way hard to say goodbye too! Staying at the hotel looked like fun, have to admit Scott and I haven't been to a hotel since we got married..a little jealous here! :)
Now that you're not entertaining and catching up with your real sister...we so have to talk and catch up now! :)
I'm so glad that your sis got to visit. It is so awesome to have visitors when you live so far away! Your boys are so cute!
Sisters are the best! I don't know what I would do without mine! Poor Tanner! I love his Charlie Brown shirt! Looks like you got to do lots of fun stuff while she was visiting!
What beautiful sisters! How fun that she could come visit over the holidays-Hope you had a great New Year-Love, Jamie
Hi, I found your blog throught the Stones. I went to High school with you(graduated in 2000) and my sister Megan in Friends with Erika. She is so sweet, and such a true friend to Megan. I'm glad she was able to see those cute boys, I know she sure misses them when she is away!
Marcie Hansen Bourne
Aren't sisters the best? Andrea, your boys are the cutest things, seriously, we HAVE to set up Hunter and Kallie.
And yes, I actually like the City! Did you watch it? I need something to tide me over until Spring for Season Five of the Hills! I'd love to hear your opinion on Olivia-the new Heidi!!
How fun to have your sister out over Christmas Break. Soon that will be me visiting my little sis (her husband is going to be going to Dental School in Pittsburgh this summer).
It looks like you guys had a great Christmas.
Oh ya. Tell Steve that I was happy for him that the Utes won the Sugar Bowl!! What a game. So fun!
What a fun time with your sister! I can't believe your husband doesn't like Harry Potter!? How can you dislike Harry Potter?
What a great sister! That is so fun that she has always come to visit you guys... I need to share that with my sister! :) It looks like you had so much fun together, the comment about your feet made me laugh so hard, sisters are the best! :)
It sure looks like you guys had a lot of fun with Erika!! How fun!!
Hey Andrea,
I'm so happy to hear that you have been following The Hills and The City as well. To my suprise, The City is way better than I expected and I am excited to see more. You definately should rent Laguna Beach cause I really think that you would like it. And yes, I have seen one episode of Bromance, and I thought that it was LAME (so I'm not as pathetic as I once thought) ;) Talk to ya soon! Tell your sweet husby "Hi" for me.
Post a Comment