Thursday, February 12, 2009

{valentine edition}




I know Valentines Day is not for 2 more days....but we have a pretty busy weekend ahead-- so I am making it known today---Happy Valentines Day to all!! {this adorable little card was made-- compliments of my super cool friend Jamie!}

I have always loved celebrating Valentines Day each year. Mainly because it gives me just one more excuse/reason to spread the love to those I adore the most! I found some really cool ideas for some great gift ideas that I wanted to share.



Both of these clever ideas I found off of {crafty chicks} and fell in love. Especially the Bingo game card. Hunter is at the perfect age for learning his numbers, so I really think he would get a huge kick out of this. Perfect for a FHE night or a family party. Also the candy bar covers would make a great gift for visiting teachers, school teachers, etc... LOVE IT!!! The best part of all, is that if you check out this site--the templates are available for FREE!!! So download these awesome templates....(you still have 2 more days until Valentines Day.)


I decided to make a "Valentine Version" of sweet chex mix (which basically means I just added pink and red M&M's) This stuff can be addicting I warn you! I have been known to consume an entire batch in one sitting!

This next project I spent many, many, many hours putting together! I made mini Valentine's Day: 5 Reasons Why I Love You books for my parents, grandparents, etc.... They were so fun to put together and I really love gifts like these, that truly come from the heart. Usually they are ones that don't cost a ton of money--just a lot of thought and love!!!


Today was Hunter's preschool Valentines Day party. We had a lot of fun putting together his T-Rex Valentines for all of his friends and teachers. I was so proud of Hunter when we got home and he opened up his Valentine bag---and was so willing to share with his little brother!!


And lastly I just had to post these two pictures. Anyone who has small children knows that in one moment you can catch a priceless picture that you think is amazing.......

And two seconds later.......you get this!

Happy Heart Day everyone!!!

14 comments:

Elise said...

You are so awesome Andrea! I wish I could keep up with my blog as much as you do. Cute Valentine's Day stuff!

Anonymous said...

Andra . . . How cute can you be?? I never did all the things you do with your kids; you are amazing mom. I can hardly wait to get home and see my Valantines book!! The boys just seem to get cuter each day and I am definately not bias. I can hardly wait till March and we can share some good times together. Happy Valantines Day !! We sure do love you ALL

Kierstin said...

Hi :) You don't know me but I am Jason Spjut's little sister and I saw your comments on Brooke Stone's blog and Alison's... what a small world! Brooke's husband is business partners with my husband. Your family is adorable and I love your valentines ideas... you're so creative! (say 'hi' to Jason for me and tell him his little sis loves him :)

Azure said...

I am literally cracking up right now at that pictures. That is just how it goes. Logan is the exact same way with Maddie. Poor kids!!!! I want the recipe for that sweet chex mix. I have always wanted it, but never been able to find it. Please let me know. Happy Valentine's Day!!!

Sarah said...

CUTE Valentine's cards! I love all of your cute holiday ideas, that chex mix looks delish and a nice change to all of the cupcakes and sugar cookies that I have around here! :) The pictures of the boys make me laugh, yes that is so how it goes! :)

Anonymous said...

I love all your fabulous ideas. I'll have to remember them for next year. The picture book thing SOOOOO adorable. The pictures with your boys is too cute. Way to catch the moment. Happy Valentines day!

Mackay Family said...

Happy Valentine's Day! I love the things that you made for your parents and grandparents. So clever and cute. Where did you find that idea? Your Chex mix looks yummy. The pictures of your kids are great...so true!

P.S. That cookie recipe is amazing. We made them today and they are so yummy!

Celeste Adams said...

Your kids are growing up so fast. They look so different from the last time I saw them. Happy Birthday Steve!

The Stones said...

OK, super woman, you are adorable! How do you get all that done? I am very impressed!

Christie Morris Eskelsen said...

Annie you are so creative....we just got Carter's "package" yesterday! You guys are so thoughful...he LOVED the snake and the pictures and drawing are on our fridge! LOVE IT!!!

{Erica} said...

Your chex mix was AWESOME! You always do the cutest/craftiest things for people and your family.

That Bingo idea rocks. I hope you had a great day and I'll see you at church...

Unknown said...

So cute! I love the photos of the boys, so funny! Your Valentines are super darling, how fun are you?!!!

Brooke said...

I LOVE all the cute gift ideas! Valentines is always such a fun holiday to do fun stuff, I love what you did!

Anonymous said...

P.S. The pictures from new years eve are when we went to the Mall of America - silly girl. I do have some fantastic photos of this awesome little getaway we found up in Storm Lake. Stay tuned! Pizza soon?