I have been searching the internet and found some great ideas for...... "We don't have anything else better to do, and it is Spring Break."
Is it a bad thing that I associate every holiday with food??? Well, I do! What can I say.... it really does make the holiday much more exciting. These two treats are fun and super easy to make.
The first one I have seen before, but found the recipe for it on Sugar Doodle. It sounds delish, and would be really fun to make for a family night. Check it out {here.}
Yep....I love cupcakes. Especially ones that are made with yummy buttercream frosting. I found this on {Martha Stewart.} Not quite sure where you can buy real clovers like the ones pictured here, but I found this clever little idea that would work just as well. You take green Dots (the gummy candy) and cut them into little pieces to make your own clover. Brilliant!
This idea is one of the best ones I found off of {Tip Junkie.} I am totally doing this on St. Patty's Day morning. We love Lucky Charms around our house. Hunter likes to pick through all of the different marshmallow "charms" and name what they are. So I thought this was such a cute idea. All you do, is leave little clues on shamrocks made out of green construction paper, and send your kids on a scavenger hunt around the house. (or outside if its warm enough.) Don't I wish!
And of course, at the end of the hunt.....they will discover that a sneaky leprechaun has left them a pot of gold. (aka cheap chocolate gold coins you can pretty much find at any dollar store.)
Love it! Hunter will think this is so cool, and I can't wait to do it. And really all you need is green construction paper, Lucky Charms, and chocolate coins.

Ok so this next one I am dying to make with Hunter. My sister is a 3rd grade school teacher, and is having her class write and illustrate their own books. She wanted to have Hunter make his own book too, and is mailing me the "kit" so we can make one together. I love this idea especially because Hunter is really into coloring right now. He loves to make these really elaborate drawings, and they are so cute. But I end up losing them (ok so they sometimes accidentally get thrown away) but I really do want to keep them. So the "book" is roughly 8-10 pgs, and as he draws his pictures, I can sit down and ask what he is drawing, and we can make up a story that goes along with what he is coloring. Then it gets "published" and we have a book to keep forever. I found this {kit} off of Amazon, or there are {these} board books too that basically have the same concept. So this will definitely be something that we can work on together over Spring Break.....I can't wait! (now hurry up and mail me the kit Erika.)
We are also going to "Story Time" at the local library next week, and I wanted to check out some fun children's St. Patrick's Day books. This one looks really cute. Any good suggestions??????
And lastly, has anyone ever seen this movie with Sean Connery?? Walt Disney circa 1959.......anyone? Well--- it just so happened to be one of my favorite movies to watch with my sister growing up. Lots of mischievous little leprechauns running around and a very young Sean Connery. You just might want to check it out.






11 comments:
Great ideas! So I have that movie and we watch it every year. I can't wait to watch it this year....my girls didn't really like it last year...we'll see if they do this year.
Spring Break might be more fun at your house than going somewhere! Those are all great ideas! Can't wait to see Hunter's book. I love Tip Junkie...they have tons of good ideas!
How fun Annie! I hear ya with the Spring Break thing....I've never known Scott to ever get one...so I totally sympathize! I might have to steal some of those ideas...keep 'em coming girl!
Fun ideas!! I haden't even thought about doing anything for St. Patricks day but maybe now I will! OK, I totally loved watching "Darby O' Gill and the Little People" when I was younger but haven't seen it in years and now am embarrassed to admit that I didn't even know that was Sean Connery in it! I am totally going to have to go watch it now!
Love all the ideas. Sounds like you are going to be busy.I went to the lucky charm blog to get all the ideas to go with that. I thought it was so cute.
I love all the fun things you come up with and do with your boys. I love looking at your blog and seeing what you've been doing. And let's be honest, I love copying your idea!
You are too creative.
Hey did Margaret tell you guys Chris is coming home this Wednesday the 18th? Well, he is. It's 6 weeks early but his hernia is not doing well and so they decided to send him home. If you want more details give my mom a call. Miss you!!
Oh by the way this is Kiera but I am leaving this comment under my mom because she is already signed in.
What great ideas! I almost totally spaced St Patrick's day! Thanks for the reminder! I can't believe it's the middle of march already!!!
Way cute ideas and I might have to try that little scavenger hunt. My kids would get a kick out of the gold coins at the end. So fun!
You are like the cutest mom ever!! I hope that I will be as creative when Morgan is older! And you just took me back to my childhood with the scavenger hunt! My mom used to hide little shamrock clues around the house that would lead to a rainbow with our pot of gold and other goodies!
Great ideas, you are so fun. I need to be more creative with my kids. Good luck with selling your house! We could be in Utah next year too. We have Michigan, Utah, and Arizona to see where we match for our intern year, so we will find out on Thursday. Are you planning on working again in Utah? We'll have to get together if we both go to Utah!! Since we did such a great job of getting together in Iowa. Enjoy this AWESOME weather.
Post a Comment