Tuesday, June 1, 2010

{the graduate}




The Graduate!


We have all been anxiously awaiting this day for a very long time! This past weekend, we got to head back to Iowa for Steve's graduation from medical school. To say that this has been a journey doesn't fully capture the true essence of this of this monumental occasion! It was a wonderful day, and I feel so happy to arrived at this place. I am however, a little nervous and excited at the same time to begin the next chapter of our lives.


We were so grateful to have our wonderful families there to support us, and share in our joy and excitement on this great day! We certainly would not have been able to have made it, without all of their positive words of encouragement, and endless love and support all along the way. So thank you from the bottom of our hearts! We couldn't have done it without you!


Here is a bit of picture overload.
There were just too many wonderful moments to capture on this trip!




{The reason why Tanner is missing from all of these pics, is because we left him back in Utah with our very capable and awesome family members.} He was greatly missed however.


Steve's parents.

My parents.




My grandparents.

Proud dad!

We did it!

So proud of his daddy!


Our good friends the Halls.


Steve and Joe



Des Moines University had a family picnic at the school, the day before graduation! It was really nice to see everyone there, and find out where everyone was headed to residency. I know I have said this many times before, but we truly were blessed throughout school to have made the very best of friends.

Everyone enjoying the picnic.


Hunter was loving life being surrounded by his two grandma's.



Autumn and Jennifer

Bryan and Autumn



We decided to take a trip into Pella for the afternoon. The tulips were already gone, but that didn't stop us from enjoying some delicious Dutch pastries while we were there.






And finally, graduation dinner at Steve's favorite Italian restaurant.


So, now we get to pack up once again---and head back to the land of corn! I have the next 9 days to get ready for the big move! Lots to do, so little time.


6 comments:

Stokes Folks said...

Congrats Andrea to your whole family. Whew, what an accomplishment!

Mackay Family said...

That is SO exciting! Good luck packing and getting everything ready to move back to Iowa!

{Erica} said...

ya for graduation! Congrats to steve and your family!

p.s. I have that silver shirt with sequins from target you're wearing (only mine is brown with gold sequins...good taste! Wish they had the silver one at my target...)

Jamie said...

WAY TO GO STEVE aka our new family doctor! So come back soon from IOWA!

Andrea-so happy for you guys and that you have made it! I want to see you before you go-even if I can stop by-I'll give you a call!
love, Jamie

Sarah said...

Woohooo!! Congratulations to you guys!!

Christie Morris Eskelsen said...

You guys made it! And I do mean you too Annie. Steve did a great job getting through school, but you did a great job too supporting him through it!

Congrats guys...too bad we're broke or we would have LOVED to come!