Saturday, August 21, 2010

{oh what a decade}


Goodbye, so long and farewell to my 20's.


Today I am 30 years old. As I reflect back on the past 10 years of my life, I am astounded at where I am at today. The 20's were good to me. Very good. And to be quite honest-- I am not even the slightest bit sad or depressed like I thought I would be, to be leaving them behind. I thought it would be fun to take a look back at the past 10 years of my life-- and see all of the memories and many adventures I have had!



August 2000

I went to stay with my aunt and her family in Alaska for a few months. It was awesome! Salmon fishing in the Kenai-- was probably the coolest thing I did while I was there. Check out my fish!




2001

I bought my very first car. It was a silver Honda Civic, and I thought it was the bomb.



2002 was a very big year for me!
This is a pic of the night Steve proposed.

Engagement pics.



The day I became Mrs. Morris




The day I graduated from Nursing School

(pictured here with my grandparents)



2003

Trip to Las Vegas with Steve's family


2004

Caribbean Cruise with my family


2005
Hunter Ray Morris was born.


2006 was also another very big year for us.

Steve graduated from the University of Utah with his Bachelors Degree.

I had to say goodbye to my nurses' at LDS hospital after working there for 5 years.

We bought our very first "house"



And finally.....we moved to Iowa. What a year indeed!

2007
Tanner Scott Morris was born.



2008
Trip to Chicago with Steve's brother Kyle.



2009
Moved back to Utah for 4th year rotations.



Got to hang out with the cousins.



And have a very "Spook-tacular" Halloween.

2010
Steve graduates from medical School.




And we said goodbye again to our families in Utah......





and then moved back to Iowa, to embark on another adventure-- as Steve begins a 3 year Residency in Family Medicine.





Oh what a decade it has been! I can't wait to see what the next ten years will bring!

8 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

Happy Birthday and Congrats on all those accomplishments!

Susan said...

Wow, what a ride! Happy birthday, hope you love your 30's!

The Harvey's said...

That was fun to look at all of that! Happy birthday!

Anonymous said...

You are SO beautiful! You seriously look like you did when you were 20 - just BETTER!! Thanks for the trip down memory lane... how did steve propose?? i don't think i know that story. hope you had a great birthday!! miss you lots!

Stokes Folks said...

Happy Birthday - you old fogey! (Coming from one who left her 30s a few years ago...) Love ya!

allison said...

Happy Birthday I hope you had a good day. You haven't aged one bit, you look great.

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday!!! So fun to look back on all that's happened in just 10 years. I think it will be fun to look back on every 10 years, it's amazing how fast time keeps going. You are so good to document it all! :)

Amy said...

Happy Birthday. I still miss your smiling face at L&D. I am glad that you guys are doing well. It looks like you had an awesome ten years!