I just finished updating a bunch of blog posts, so scroll down if you are interested in the latest happenings at the Morris household.
Steve took the boys last weekend to Waukee Fest. It was basically just a fundraiser for the school district--but they had a lot of fun things for the kids to do. Where was I may you ask.....I was getting my hair done! It was awesome.
Firetrucks
A Parade
Inflatables
And pizza for lunch.
Looks like to me they had a pretty great day!
On a side note, I just finished reading this book last weekend! I have very mixed feelings about it. Especially since I LOVED the first two books in the series. Has anyone else read it?? I am curious to know what others' opinions about it are.......
7 comments:
L...A...M...E. It was terrible. Rushed writing, slow plot, storyline was boring. I was very disappointed. This one took me more than a few days to read, the first two I was done with in one day. And my last word...PREDICTABLE. I knew right at the beginning how it was going to end.
My brother Chris just finished it. I don't know what he thought of it yet. You should ask him on facebook.
Speaking of getting your hair done, do you have a good stylist? I'm searching right now. And I saw your cute boys posing for that first pic on your post from the Waukee Fest. Hope they had fun.
I have multiple issues with the book. My biggest problem was that I felt like the dialogue was completely lacking between the main characters. Every time there was a moment for them to connect--she rushed right into the next 'action war sequence.' After all of the many deaths that occured in the book, none of them felt meaningful. (Finnick??) We never even had a chance to get the full impact of what happened, because we were already on to the next violent death.
I think we all pretty much got the point after the first 50 pgs that war is a horrible horrible thing, and leaves many cripled by it's wake. But to see Katniss so fierce and strong and courageous during the first two books--to then have her widdled down to nothing but a former shell of herself by the end of the book was disappointing. It could have been SO much better.
Katniss could have triumphed in the face of adversity--instead of waking up after being in a coma every time something big happened. I feel like Gale got the raw end of the deal, and poor Peeta. What can I say--maybe I shouldn't care so much--but I loved the first two so much that this was just plain depressing.
I have yet to read Mockingjay even though I preordered it and have it on my bookshelf. I heard it was terribe. I loved the first 2 so much that I'm not ready for the dissapointment!
Oh, where to begin with how I feel about Mockingjay? After thinking about it for a few days I like it better than I did when I first finished it. Mixed feelings is a good way to explain it. I hated that Katniss ended up so sad, broken in so many ways and alone in some and not in others. But I do like it in some ways because that's how it would be if you had killed all of those people. So I guess it's good... but I hate it. And like it. I am so conflicted about these books! I can't put them down, but the whole time I'm reading them I feel like, "I can't believe I'm reading this... and liking it!" haha!
I totally agree with everything you said about the book! Total let down, I felt the same was with "Breaking Dawn." I loved the first ones, hated the last. Why do they do this to us?
Post a Comment