Saturday, December 11, 2010

{it's beginning to look a lot like.....}

Homemade licorice caramels



It is finally beginning to look a lot like Christmas around here. Meaning....we had our first snow this weekend. It is very strange to not have our first snowfall until Dec. 11 in Iowa---but nonetheless, the kids got on their winter gear yesterday and played outside until they froze.


And speaking of freezing....temperatures were so cold today that they cancelled church! Not all that strange of a thing to happen around here, but I guess that gives you an idea of how cold it really is here. The wind chills are expected to hit -20 degrees today. Brrr!



So we have been hanging out by the fire, drinking homemade hot cocoa, and relaxing today! Oh, and making our-- Oh So Delicious homemade licorice caramels. If you have never had licorice caramels before, you are missing out! I myself, am not a huge black licorice fan--but these tasty little treats are scrumptious! If you want the recipe I will email it to you.



On Friday night, we took the boys to Santa's village at the mall, so they could tell him that they have been "good little boys" mostly!



Hunter wants a Space Shuttle



Tanner wants a Bat Cave.


Then we lined up to ride the train









This was Tanner's first year riding the train, and he was loving every minute of it.



We've also been watching Christmas movies, and snuggling up in cozy blankets.

And finally....I know that there are two little boys who are perfectly delighted to have their daddy home to play with them this weekend!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I love snow days! It looks like you guys have been taking full advantage of them. There's something kind of magical about being snowed in. I am so missing snow right now!

Choi Chatter said...

I am SO glad you commented on my blog!! So great to hear from you. I totally miss you! Even thought it was a short time, you were AWESOME!! Your blog is so cute and creative! I'm going to link your blog to mine so I can keep up with you, if that's ok. PS I want the licorice caramel recipe. I just ate one about 5 minutes ago that someone else gave me and it was delish!! Merry Christmas!

Christie Morris Eskelsen said...

How fun Annie! I'm so glad you guys got to go out and have some fun lately. It's hard with crazy schedules...I can't wait to see the Christmas pics of all of you soon!

Cassie said...

i would love your black licorice caramel recipe. My sister is a huge black licorice fan and would love a recipe like that! mcheger@gmail.com

Unknown said...

I'm a little late, but I love black licorice, and caramel:) Could you email me the recipe...carriecrosland@gmail.com Happy New Year!