We made it to Utah last week, and have been having a great time!! There is always so much to do, and we have been going non-stop since we arrived. Last weekend, we went to my parent's cabin in Star Valley--and my awesome sister, organized and put on the most incredible treasure hunt I have ever seen for my kids.

She started off by reading all the kids "How I Became A Pirate" to set the mood.

Then she hid 4 clues around the cabin to have them figure out where to go next......
The clues eventually led to the treasure map.
I thought the map looked very authentic and pirate-y(thanks to Steve's handiwork.)
The four kiddos: Hunter, Tanner, Hayden, Brooklyn.

After following all of the landmarks on the map, it led them to the buried treasure hidden under the cabin.

All four of the kids got their very own treasure chest full of golden coins, diamonds, rubies and emeralds.

Sometimes pirates get a little thirsty......


After following all of the landmarks on the map, it led them to the buried treasure hidden under the cabin.
They actually had to dig it up with shovels until they found the treasure chests.

All four of the kids got their very own treasure chest full of golden coins, diamonds, rubies and emeralds.

Sometimes pirates get a little thirsty......
The boys with grandma showing off their treasures.

My sister Erika with all of the kids after the hunt!
I think the adults had just as much fun watching the kids hunt for their treasure, as they did. I am so grateful for all of the time and efforts my sister and everyone else involved put into this treasure hunt. I know that this is something that my kids will remember, and will always have the memories to
treasure!






3 comments:
What a fun time we all had together. You captured the event perfectly in pictures. I love those craggey little pirates !!!
What a darling treasure hunt! What an awesome aunt to put that all together.
that seriously looks so fun! what a fun aunt and I bet the boys loved it.... i know mine would have.
Post a Comment