Wednesday, August 24, 2011

{the proposal}



"Proposal"

August 8, 2011


One of the big highlights from our trip to Utah, was that my youngest brother Brady, got engaged to his girlfriend Jess. I don't think that I have ever met two people--who are quite literally, so perfectly matched. When I look at these two little lovebirds, I can't help but get a little misty-eyed--because I know that my brother has truly found the love of his life.






So if I may, set up the scene for you all--the night Brady and Jessica got engaged. He took her on a memory lane scavenger hunt to start off the night, before the big proposal took place. It worked out perfectly for him, because the night he proposed, just so happened to be her birthday as well.



Throughout the entire night, Jessica thought that all of this was for her birthday...little did she know what was to come next. After their trip down memory lane, the clues led them to my parents house, in their backyard where this table was set up, for a very romantic dinner for two.





Jess is a huge Bachelor fan, so this next part of the proposal was pretty dang funny! Steve was kind enough to "volunteer" to be Chris Harrison for the night. So after they were finished eating their dinner, "Chris" had the job of taking the "final rose" down to the table and present it to Brady.





I was trying to be covert and sneaky while I snapped a few photos of the exchange. Steve did a fantastic job playing the role of Chris, and I was shocked that he didn't bust up laughing as he delivered his line.........




And....she said yes!

So sweet



A pic of the ring.



So happy for you both! I can't wait to be there at the wedding in a few short months.





The best part of the night, I must say--was the chocolate cake. Being that it was Jessica's birthday after all, we all got together inside and celebrated this joyous occasion over cake and ice cream.

(I love how Tanner is the one who blew out her candles.)




The End.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How sweet...and great ideas, too. My ring came on a plate of edible flowers when we were dining out at a very nice restaurant. I thought it was the fourth course, a sorbet that cleanses the palette, but alas, it was edible flowers and a ring.