Sunday, August 21, 2011

{thoughts on turning 31}


August 21, 1980
The day I was born.


I have been writing this blog for almost 4 years now (wow really... 4 years??) And today, as I was contemplating my thoughts on turning 31 this year--it got me thinking! It has been really rewarding to look back, on each of my previous birthdays over the years, and see what changes have taken place in my life. Some of the things I wrote about and documented here, make me laugh and smile inside. (Awe, I was so young back in those days.....)



There is one thing that has always remained constant in my life each year...and that is the amazing group of friends and family that surround me and fill up my life. What an incredible blessing of strength and support you all are to me. As I reflect back on this past year, I wished that I would have spent some time, documenting more of the ups and downs that I/we have experienced together as a family. Because through these hard and trying times, we gain perspective, draw strength, and grow! I forget too easily, the challenges and trials that I/we have overcome over recent times. I have been utterly and truly grateful for the times that I did document those thoughts and feelings I experienced here.



So back to turning 31 years old.....I feel like I have learned many lessons, and have gained great insight and perspective into my own life and the course that it has taken me on. I still have a lot to learn, and I am ok with that. But today, I am filled with a renewed sense of self awareness in every aspect of my life.


My hope for this coming year, is that I get to continue to experience finding my own "Joy within the Journey" as well as finding

love, laughter and happiness with those I love and hold dear!


Happy 31 years of life to me!


In remembrance of years past--here are my birthdays that I posted about....it's kind of funny to read them, along with the comments from you too! :)


2 comments:

Sarah said...

Happy birthday Andrea! I hope that your day has been absolutely wonderful and that this year is full of many more happy days :)

Choi Chatter said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I love reading your blog and keeping up with what's happening with you and your cute family! You are so talented, such an amazing writer and an awesome mom! If only I could be more like you! You need to come back to Utah and work with us again!! We miss you!