There is always something to be said about the "first snowfall" of the year! My boys would say--that it is totally awesome! I would say--No! No! I'm not ready for winter yet!! Steve would say--Crap, now I have to get up every morning and shovel.

But, I will say that there is something magical, about watching my two boys play together outside in the snow. They couldn't have been more excited when they both woke up this morning and looked out the window and saw white. So, when Hunter got home from school this afternoon, I let them play together outside until they finally decided, that they had sufficiently enjoyed this year's first snowfall.

But, I will say that there is something magical, about watching my two boys play together outside in the snow. They couldn't have been more excited when they both woke up this morning and looked out the window and saw white. So, when Hunter got home from school this afternoon, I let them play together outside until they finally decided, that they had sufficiently enjoyed this year's first snowfall.

Now, I probably shouldn't mention to you all....that this was how Tanner spent the majority of his day today. Because what mother would allow her child to play outside in the snow, when he previously had been sporting a fever of 104 earlier in the day??? (*certainly not me*) Poor little guy was up all night with a high fever and the chills. But, luckily his dad happens to be a Dr. and was able to call in a prescription for some amoxicillin early this morning, so by this afternoon--he was feeling a bit better. Turns out he has an ear infection.
So we spent most of the day, snuggling on the couch and watching movies. Not a bad way to spend a day I've decided. My kids are very snuggly when they are sick, and I don't mind one bit :)
I have really enjoyed baking some tasty little Fall treats this past week. I made these pumpkin chocolate chip cookies last weekend, and then yesterday I made some pumpkin bread. This is November after all.....

And as for me, I have really enjoyed staying indoors during the past few days. It has been cold and snowy--and what better way to pass the time, than curling up with a steaming cup of hot chocolate and a good book?

And as for me, I have really enjoyed staying indoors during the past few days. It has been cold and snowy--and what better way to pass the time, than curling up with a steaming cup of hot chocolate and a good book?

2 comments:
Hey Andrea! I'm not sure where you are in Iowa, but Ben is planning on visiting Ames, IA at the University while he's applying for residencies to possibly go there. Where are you guys? Any advice for Iowa living? Hope your pregnancy days are going well.(exciting:)) I can't believe it's already snowed so much- Brr!
It looks like a fun snow day! I definitely start missing the snow this time of year, it is so pretty! And so fun... as long as you don't have to drive in it! ;)
Those cookies look delish!
Post a Comment