Last week we were able to kick off the Christmas season by doing a few family traditions. I really look forward to decorating gingerbread houses/cookies with my kids each year. One of my favorite holiday books is 'Gingerbread Friends' and my boys love it too-- so out came the holiday decor and Christmas books this week.

This is our finished gingerbread house. Steve and I decorated the front as you can see. And the kids had a great time frosting and decorating the back of the house and the sides.

I love these fun little kits at Costco, because they also come with 4 gingerbread cookies to decorate. (What I love the very most about decorating gingerbread cookies with my kids is....that Tanner still calls gingerbread men--cookie boys! I love it!

I'm not sure Hunter decked out his gingerbread boy near enough.....

We also made a trip to the mall to ride the train, write Santa letters, and of course sit down on Santa's lap.

Making sure it gets to the North Pole in time for Christmas.

Are you curious to know what my boys asked Santa for this year......
*Hunter: A real life replica of a Komodo Dragon.
*Tanner: A fire breathing Toothless Dragon.
Where did these two boys come from??

3 comments:
Dragons! Ahh! Your boys are adorable! Love them. And your gingerbread house is cute! I mustn't let my boys see this blog or else they'd mutiny! I told them we couldn't decorate until Christmas Eve so they could actually eat the candy on Christmas ;)
h aha ha. I just posted some pics of a gingerbread house we made together, that looks like a one year old smeared together. then saw on your post that you made one. Straight from a martha stewart magazine!
Gingerbread houses is one that we haven't done yet this year and might not get to! My poor kids! It looks like you guys have been having lots of fun.
PS - love your boy's requests for presents this year! Too funny.
Post a Comment