Saturday, June 14, 2008

{father's}


I wanted to post a Happy Father's Day tribute to my awesome dad! I really do think that I have the best dad ever, and I feel greatly blessed to call him "handsome daddy!!" There are so many things that I could write about him, but I narrowed it down to a list of "Top 10 things" I love about my dad-- Scott Stewart!!

1. He has been someone that I have gone to-- throughout my life for comfort and advice! He always seems to know the right thing to say at any given situation, and he always makes me feel better after talking to him.

2. He has such a great sense of humor, and always has something quick-witted and funny to say! (Steve thinks he is hilarious)

3. He is so generous and gives so freely to his family! Even more importantly he never has made me feel guilty or bad about having to go to him when we have struggled with money and such!

4. He is an awesome grandpa to my boys, and has such an amazing love for each of them individually. Even though he won't change a stinky diaper (haha) I know that his love is sincere and unconditional!

5. He (along with my awesome mom) raised me to have a strong testimony of the gospel, and through their wonderful example--instilled in me a strong desire to serve other's and my Savior.

6. My dad seems to have a bit of an adventurous streak in him!! He loves to travel, explore new places, fly in his plane/power parachute, ride around on his motorcycle, and take a few risks along the way!

7. He has been a wonderful example of someone who serves his fellowmen! I cannot look back at a time, where I ever heard my dad complain or talk negatively about anyone. He gives so freely to everyone around him.

8. I always refer to him as my "handsome daddy" because I think despite what he may say to himself every morning when he looks in the mirror--he is indeed a very handsome dad to me!! {inside and out}

9. He makes me smile whenever I think about him wearing his dorky 1990's sweaters and Calvin Klein jeans :)

10. He is the best dad a girl could ask for---and I wish him a very Happy Father's Day indeed!!



This Father's day tribute wouldn't be complete, without a list about my {second dad} my Father-in-law of course! So I had Steve give me a list of his "Top 10 Things" he loves and admires about his dad---Thomas Morris!

I appreciate and look up to my dad so much. He has been such a great example to me and I owe much of who I am to him. Here are just 10 of the many wonderful traits I admire in him....

1. He is honest and has always shown me the importance of having integrity.

2. I can't think of a man with a better work ethic than my dad, he serves his family and works hard everyday to make life better for everyone.

3. I see the many times he goes out of his way to make others feel comfortable, and feel welcome.

4. He sacrifices a lot for his family--and hardly ever buys anything for himself. He doesn't place a huge emphasis on worldly things, and makes the best use out of the possessions he does have.

5. He is intelligent and instilled in me, my thirst for knowledge and the importance of education.

6. He supports me in whatever I do--no matter what!

7. Whatever he does, he gives 110%....and strives to do his best.

8. He took good care of me when I was sick as a little boy...(along with mom of course)

9. My Dad gave me the love of the outdoors and enjoying the little things in life...

10. Most of all, he has loved me no matter what I have done... Thanks Dad, I sure do love you and wish you a Happy Fathers Day!


1 comment:

Christie Morris Eskelsen said...

This is really cute guys! How cute are you! I hope the dads enjoy reading about what you guys wrote about them!