
Since I am a big fan of "the cupcake"....I wanted to share seriously, the most delicious and fabulous lemon cupcake recipe I have ever had. I used strawberries to decorate the tops of the ones I made recently, but getting in the patriotic spirit of things, using blueberries and strawberries would really make these a festive treat to bring to your 4th of July BBQ this year.
Lemon Cream Cupcakes
1 box lemon cake mix
2 eggs
1 c. sour cream
1 pkg. cream cheese softened
2 T. grated lemon zest
1 T. fresh squeezed lemon juice
*Mix together cake mix, eggs, sour cream, and cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Add grated lemon zest and combine. Fill paper liners 3/4 full. Bake @ 350 degrees for 15-18 min. Remove and cool cupcakes on wire rack.
Lemon cream frosting:
1 cube real butter (unsalted)
4 c. powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 T. fresh squeezed lemon juice
2 T. heavy whipping cream
Mix together and frost! You can either frost the cupcakes with a spatula, or use a pastry bag to make it look just right!
I promise you will not be disappointed with this lemony delight!
The next idea comes from Martha Stewart. I really want to make these with my kids this weekend. They look pretty easy to make, and decorating with the boys should be fun and stress free.
Plus they kind of remind me of little Sparklers.
I found all of these on Etsy, and all were less than $15. Very cute and festive 4th of July jewelry, but not too over done! Links to these fabulous homemade items found: {here} {here} {here} and {here.}

I am sure most of you know all about Etsy, but if not they have some really cool things to see, so check it out sometime!
I found {this} fun summery dress at Old Navy. It would be the perfect 4th outfit. Light, festive, and pair it with some cute leggings and you are set.

This has nothing to do with the 4th of July or anything, but can I just say that I am a tad bit excited to see this movie tomorrow night with friends........
Boo-yah!
3 comments:
Those cupcakes look absolutely delicious.
I CAN NOT WAIT for Eclipse! I'm going tomorrow morning, yep at 10:00 in the morning like the old lady that I am :) And then out to lunch... like the old lady that I am, hahaha. I am so excited!!
Those cupcakes sound delicious and those pretzels are so cute. You always have the cutest ideas of activities to do with your boys.
Have fun at Eclipse!
I am SOOO excited for the movie tonight. When I was reading your post, I got so excited because you are actually back in Iowa and are going to the movie with me! Yeah! Can't wait.
Post a Comment