Friday, August 26, 2011

{1st day in the 1st grade}



Hunter had his first day of school last week at his brand new school. I know that every parent probably says the exact same thing...but I can't quite grasp the notion, that I have a kid in the 1st grade.



He was so excited that morning, while getting ready for school, that he actually surprised me a little. I thought that he would have been a little more nervous that 1st day, being that he was starting a brand new school and all. But he couldn't wait to get out the door.



Tanner doesn't start preschool this year until after Labor Day, so he felt really sad that morning when his big brother had to leave him.




Every year, I let my kids pick out their new shoes for the school year. Hunter was beyond excited when I found these DC shoes for him. Not quite sure why he thinks this particular brand of shoes are "so cool" but he was very happy to wear them. Plus he thinks that they make him run ultra fast now.





Since when do 1st graders have lockers??



And off he goes into his classroom.

Thankfully he did turn around right before he went inside and gave me a quick little smile, which made mom happy!


And so it goes, with many more 1st days of school to come.......

2 comments:

Mackay Family said...

Hunter is a cute 1st grader! Seriously can't believe he is that old. He look adorable in all of his new clothes. I always love first day of school pictures because everything is so new!

Sarah said...

Such a cute boy! I love that his backpack looks almost as big as he is. I love that about the younger kids going to school. It looks like he is doing great! :)