Monday, November 28, 2011

{giving thanks}




This year we have much to be thankful for.


I have always loved Thanksgiving, and what the holiday represents.

I am continually working with each of my children, to remind them of all the many things that they/we should show our gratitude and appreciation for. We are very blessed, and this year I am especially grateful for all that I have.





On Thanksgiving day, Steve had to work all day/night. It was really fun for the kids to come to the hospital and visit their dad at work. We enjoyed a "delicious" hospital cafeteria Thanksgiving feast, and got to spend about 1 hr together before Steve had to head back to work.




We decided to celebrate our real Thanksgiving the following day. This is the second year in a row that we have had our big Thanksgiving day meal with just our little family. I must say, I have really enjoyed spending the day baking, cooking, and relaxing with my little foursome. It is so nice to spend the day reflecting and relishing in all that we have to be thankful for as a family.




And as tradition goes, we all gather together and set up our Christmas tree that same night.



I look at this picture above and can't help but feel completely overcome with love and gratitude for these two choice little spirits. Without a doubt, these boys have made me a much stronger and more dedicated person, and I feel humbled to be called their mom. How exciting and thrilling it is, that in a few short months--another little baby will be joining our family! I am doing my very best to really enjoy this time--and remembering to always
give thanks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I sure am thankful I get to be your mom cause if I wasn't I would really really want to be !!