One of the things that I look forward to the very most on our yearly trips to the Beehive State--is just hanging out and spending time with our friends and family. The time always goes by far too quickly, and before I know it--we are back on the road headed back to Corn Country Iowa. I tried my best to pack in as much during those short 2 1/2 weeks as I possibly could....and here is what we got!
One of my dearest and closest friends from high school days is Jamie.
She and I have remained besties throughout the years, and honestly I don't think I could ask for a more loyal and true friend than her. She is such an amazing friend to me, and I admire her in so many ways. Her talents are many, but her character is even more. We were able to hang out for a couple hours one afternoon, and then later she was kind enough to take some family photos for me before we left. So glad I got to see her. Love that crazy cat.
A very unexpected treat, was getting to see one of my absolute favorite people, Jennifer. We met almost 6 years ago when both of our husbands embarked on this very loooong journey, that is medical school. From the moment I met her, I knew that we would be very good friends. She is one of the funnest, kindest, most thoughtful people that I know. Oh how I love this girl. And her kids are some of the coolest kids around. Some of my fondest memories are hanging out together with our families, and talking for hours into the night. So, the timing just so happened to work out that she was in town visiting family the same time I was, and we got to catch up for a few hours. Can you believe all of those kids belong to us??
Another reason why this trip was so fun, was that we got to introduce everyone to miss Mia Kate. This is a pic of Papa John meeting his newest great granddaughter for the very first time. She thought he was hilarious and kept smiling and cooing at him.
Four generations of women. My grandma, mother, me, and Mia.
My grandma Stewart is a retired school teacher, and this is a pic of she and Hunter going over his school work book for the summer. My grandma and grandpa were able to come down from Logan for a little BBQ with all of us. It was so fun to see them and spend some time visiting with them.
Erika with Mia.
My brother Zac took some time off work to hang out with us while we were in town-- and this is a pic of the day we all went to Boondocks to play.
Tanner and my dad going for a bike ride. Can you tell Tanner thinks he's pretty cool?
Proud grandparents




No comments:
Post a Comment