It has sort of become a tradition for my family to come out and stay with us the week between Christmas and New Year's. I think in the 6+ years that we've lived in Iowa there has maybe been 1-2 times that we haven't had our Utah visitors come to stay!! I kind of feel a little guilty....due to the fact that there literally isn't a worse time (climate-wise) to visit the great state of Iowa. But the miserable, bone chilling cold temps didn't scare them away this year...and I believe it *might* have had a little something to do with the 3 kids pictured below.
I know that I say it a lot here on my blog, but how fortunate and thankful Steve and I are, to have such loving and supportive families. Lucky indeed.
Little miss Mia Kate has my parents wrapped around her chubby little fingers. I don't think that there ever was a time that she wasn't held or snuggled for the entire 6 days they were here :)
Since there really isn't a whole lot to do this time of year, the mall is usually on the list of places to hang out at. My mom, sister and I got to do a little shopping together (without kids) and it was so much fun. Then one night me, and my parents and sister all went to see Les Miserable which I absolutely loved and bawled my eyes out at the end of it. So good! I have been dying to see the Hobbit ever since it came out a few weeks ago-- so again me, my sister and Hunter all went to see it one evening. I don't get to spend good, quality time like that with my family very often (except a few times during the year) so I really do treasure these times spent with each of them.
One of the presents the kids got from my parents was this really cool indoor camp out tent. I can only guess that there will be many hours spent playing with their lanterns, dishes, utensils, flashlights, and canteens over the next few weeks.
One of the things that brings my mom great joy is feeding babies.
I love this picture of them together.
I love this picture of them together.
And one of the many things that made my dad happy each day, was making breakfast for the kids. They had lots of eggs and bacon during this past week.
Lucky little boys.
On one of the last nights they were here, we all teamed up and made candy bar trains. The teams were:
Tanner+Grandpa
Hunter+Erika
Steve+Me
and my mom was the judge.
The grand prize was a $5 gift card to Chick-fila.
And guess who won........






No comments:
Post a Comment