Thursday, January 24, 2013

{yesterday}



:All in a day: 

Yesterday was early out day for school, and I thought it would be the perfect day to make Valentines with the kids. The crafts were pretty simple and easy for them to do all by themselves. My job was to make sure paint didn't get everywhere :)




What good little painters they both are. I love how they turned out. 






Proud of their work.





Then they painted these two hearts for me. I love my little Valentine's.




Yesterday morning....when Tanner was at preschool I was running some errands, and found these adorable little sparkly shoes for the piglet at TJ Maxx for $5.99-- Score!! 100% pure cuteness.




Speaking of the piglet, here she is gobbling up some pears. Love those chubby cheeks.




Yesterday, this is what we had for dinner. I make chicken enchiladas about once every 6 months or so. And every time I make them, I remember why I don't make them often. As delicious and tasty as they are...the massive overload of cheese and carbs is a little too much. I am glad the kids like them though and Steve said they were the best I've ever made. See you again in 6 months enchiladas.



Yesterday, I was reminded again how much I have grown to love exercise. I'm pretty sure if you follow me on facebook, you know that I do CrossFit. I joined up last September with the goal of weight loss but since then it has become so much more. In fact Steve joined in December and we have been able to bond over our sore muscles, bruises, (sometimes) blood, sweat and tears. It is the hardest that I have ever pushed myself or my body for that matter, in my entire life. I can promise you one thing, I NEVER thought in a million years that I would be one of those 'annoying' people who actually liked getting up at 5:30 in the morning to work out. And I most definitely never imagined that Steve would get up at 4:30 in the morning for the same purpose. Especially with the crazy hours he puts in every week. No thank you, we like our sleep. But here we both are, gluttons for punishment I guess--loving it and hating it at the exact same time. (You know what I mean if you've ever done 75 burpees in one day) Plus, I have met some really incredible people that motivate me and inspire me every day. So, even though my calves and hamstrings are aching this morning after my work out yesterday....I can't wait to go back for more tomorrow!

Yesterday was a good day!


4 comments:

little said...

those crafts do look fun and easy! you must tell where you got the supplies! Congrats to you and Steve for enduring those hard workouts. I see your pics/post on FB and don't know how you keep going back for more torture!

Sara

Unknown said...

Love to hear the good things!

Anonymous said...

Can you be my mommy too? I tell you all the time Annie; you are amazing!!

Eliza said...

75 burpees??!!!!! I do like 5 and I'm dying. Way to go!