Tuesday, April 16, 2013

{piggy princess party}


Oh Mia Kate!

What can I say precious daughter....you are my sunshine and one of my many joys. This darling baby girl came into our lives one year ago today. She has such a radiant personality and is a very special addition to our family. As all mothers do, I remember quite vividly the day she was born. It was a peaceful morning, and she came very quickly. We didn't have to wait very long for Mia's presence to be known in this world. I wanted to write down a few things about our piggy princess for journaling purposes to mark her 1st year.




-Mia Kate arrived, and almost instantly had her brothers and dad wrapped around that chubby little finger of hers.
-My heart melts almost every time I see that bright and smiling face each morning when I go and get her out of her crib.
-Mia has a very sweet and angelic quality about her. She is a content baby and doesn't get too worked up about much.
-She sleeps very well during the night, and thankfully she is very flexible with my schedule and will nap once a day depending on what is going on with my plans that day.
- Mia loves and I mean loves her brothers and daddy. You want to see her face light up, just watch when she sees one of them enter the room--pure delight. She loves Tanner very much (even though he tends to tease her and make her cry the most) but she giggles and laughs at him when he is playing with her, and she tries so hard to keep up with him during the day.
-Mia crawls all over the place. She can move around furniture very well, and is able to stand for a couple seconds or so. I sense that walking is not too far away for her.
-She loves to eat fish crackers, apples, pretzels, pizza, spaghetti, chicken nuggets, eggs, pureed-- squash, sweet potatoes, oatmeal, and pears.
-She is also like her brothers in that she is not a fan of the sippy cup. We are working on it though.
-She is very friendly once she gets to know you, and will smile and smile at you until you acknowledge her. She especially loves to do this at grocery stores.
-One of my favorite things about Mia, that I don't want to forget-- is the shoulder shrug that she does when she is feeling shy or uncertain about her surroundings. It is so sweet.
-She babbles all day long and she can say, "da da, ma ma, yum yum," oh, and she also likes to growl at us sometimes.




Since Steve is working all day/night at the hospital today, we decided to celebrate with a little family party last night for Mia. In case you were wondering what is with all the pigs.... I guess it initially started around Halloween last year (she was a darling little piglet after all) and that is when piggy princess became her nickname. What better way to celebrate our sweet birthday girl's day than with a whole bunch of little piggies right??!




The adorable, vintage, dancing ballerina pig figurines, I found for a steal on Etsy. Perfect touch. Plus they will be a great little keepsake for her. 












And there it is again...tears! How horrible to be forced to eat a yummy piece of cake. Or cupcake in this matter. I thought a cupcake would be a lot less overwhelming to her this time around (see the post below) than a great big cake. We even walked away and let her be alone with her luscious raspberry frosted, lemon filled cupcake--but no way was she having anything to do with that business. 

Silly Birthday girl. 


No comments: