
These are just a few things that I LOVE about living in the Midwest!!!(note the sarcasm) For the first time since living here in Iowa, over the past 2 years....I was actually fearful for the potential of severe weather to strike last night! At around 10:30pm the "tornado sirens" (warnings that alert you if there is a tornado near by) went off--and literally I think unless you have heard one go off before, it is one of the eeriest sounds I have ever heard. That on top of the fact that our satellite for the TV went out, so we couldn't watch the news to see if we needed to rush to "take cover" or not--added just a bit to my mounting anxiety! As the thunder crashed and lightening lit up the sky, and we watched the wind blow so severely and the rain pouring down in sheets........ The question came to Steve and I---where exactly do we "take cover" at???? Good question, and one we probably should have discussed before tornado sirens were going off all around us! Well, we quickly discussed an "emergency plan" for our family, and just sat back and waited! Luckily a tornado did not touch down, and the Morris fam is just fine! A bit (sleep deprived) but I guess that is to be expected when your kids wake up through the night crying because they are scared! So now we have a plan for umm... "next time" a tornado warning comes by our house!! (But hopefully there won't be a "next time" ehh!!)
**Happy Friday Everyone!**
6 comments:
wait, did I miss it? Where did you go? Your garage? How scarey!
Scarey!!! I hate tornado warnings. we get them here too, and we discovered there just really isn't a very good place to go in our house, so I hope we never have to take cover. The sirens are probably freaky. We don't have one near our home, just our weather radio that sounds like an alarm going off.Hope you never have one close again!!!
Yeah the girls did NOT like being taken from their beds and under the stairs closet. We just decided that we'd pay attention and be on alert if there was a warning issued but take the kids under the stairs if the sirens went off. I have a few friends from Iowa and thats what they said to do...fyi! :)
Get a radio so that if you satellite goes out again you can still hear what's going on. We love ours from the red cross. It is a radio, a flash light and a batter charger (cell phone as well), and if the batteries go out on it (it also plugs into the wall) you can hand crank it. Let me know if oyu want info on it.
Have a good Summer. I'm glad we got to see eachother gain before I left (even though I looked SUPER GHETTO)!
How scarry. I'm glad I wasen't their to take part in such an exciting time!
I don't think I would like that very much! Hopefully you caught up on some of your lost sleep. I would have no idea what to do!
Ummm...that's pretty scary Annie! How awful for the boys too! I bet everyone was a little nervous to say the least in your household. Just hink you'll be back in Utah in a matter of weeks now!
Just FYI: I have about 6 "little swimmer" diapers that are a size Small from last summer with Carter, they should fit Tanner this year so I have them when you come!
Post a Comment